Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

exim4+amavis+CLAM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by anand, Aug 1, 2003.

1. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    hello everyone

Just wanted everyone to know, i have been working on exim4+amavis+CLAM from past few hrs. I am sure i will be able to make it work for exim4. Will post the results here.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    bingo!

my installation of exim4+amavis+CLAM working.

doing some tests now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    X-Virus-Scanned: by AMaViS 0.3.12

Yups its working fine alright.

4. casey

casey Well-Known Member

It's working, but how are your loads? Try sending an e-mail to about 10 different people at the same time and see what happens. When I tried, the loads went up over 100.

5. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Well my box on which i have finally installed it handles several thousand mails a day. Now at present even during most peak business hrs (when there are atleast 50-100 mails atleast per min) the load goes up to 8. Please note this box has some 600 clients with heavy httpd and mail traffic.

6. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    i am reading more on this topic as far as loads are concerned, i am pretty sure we can keep them low. There shouldn't be any probs.

7. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I know that already. Its already working in that manner. It checks for the header first for already scanned.

I am using amavis-0.3.12 from amavis.org. The amavis-ng when choosen also resulted in me getting the same version and file from sourceforge. Probably both got merged ??? I got no ideas though.

As for amavisd, i just checked that out yesterday, will try to make the installation on a box in another 3-4 days. busy with something else today.

8. anand

anand Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    I just came to a website called cpanelhelp.org and saw that you have already posted a howto to install exim4+clam+amavis. I thought i was the first to write it. I just came online to post that on the cpanel forum :( While reading another post i found u have already posted one. Guess my work is gone down the drain.

Anyways i have been monitoring for several days now, my server loads are very low and atleast 10000 mails per day are being handled. I have also tweaked exim.