The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

exim4 customizing for only sending systems

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by .JP, Feb 5, 2015.

1. .JP

.JP Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,
    I have some problems of understanding / configurating exim for some special advantages.
    In my systems are some clients with software, witch is not able to receive mails. For each client(8) I have different send and recivie adresses (16). So I changed the envelope sender. Does exim send errors like exceeding the mail-size-limit or undelivery to the new envelope-sender or is the address-change later applied? Should I use the reply-to header (they say it is deprecated)? And I want to set the new envelope-sender as errors_reply_to-address.
    Thanks in advance.

http://forums.cpanel.net/f43/order-...g-rules-fitering-rules-documented-183831.html was partial-helpful, but I found no further information near my problem.

My English isn't well, but I hope I described detailed enough to understand. ;)

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. .JP

.JP Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi thanks for help, but it isn't an issue, it is something like misunderstanding.

I already found that message_size_limit and address-rewriting work as desired.

At this moment, I have no idea for customizing the error-reply's, because of caused collateral-spam the Mailer-Daemon is the sender for error-messages and so tagged as spam on external systems. I want to change the Bounce-sender to the recipient of it, so if he is so stupid to answer, it will appear in his own mailbox. I think I can not use the original sender no-reply@... depending on a, b or c? Additional I want to send Bounce-messages as header-only with one or two words on the beginning of the subject that describe the failure, no content of mail should be send. cpanel-exim.png