The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eximmailtrap and spam

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by allwebnow, Mar 29, 2007.

1. allwebnow

allwebnow Well-Known Member

Ok, i was having problems not receiving emails from php mail forms from other websites. I read that you need to set eximmailtrap to eximmailtrap=0 in cpanel.config to fix the phpmail issue. So, I did. That did nothing.

So, I unchecked: "Verify the existence of email senders" in Exim Configuration Editor. That worked. But now, I'm getting complaints from clients that they're getting more spam. I did these changes at the same time.

One of the clients that complained uses filtering and whitelisting in cpanel.
    Should I change back eximmailtrap to eximmailtrap=1. Does disabling eximmailtrap have anything to do with him getting more spam? I hope it's not the exim configuration, because I really need to have "Verify the existence of email senders" disabled so I can receive emails from other websites. If it is this, is there a another trick to lightening up spam after this is enabled?

Btw, what is eximmailtrap and what does it do?

2. basic

basic Active Member

Hi !

Did you ever find the answers to these questions? I am having the exact same problem and did the exact same thing.

John

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

The eximmailtrap option equates to WHM > Tweak Settings > Track the origin of messages sent though the mail server by adding the X-Source headers, and should really be disabled as it can cause problems delivering email.

If there are issues with web scripts sending email, check /var/log/exim_mainlog and the apache error log when you initiate the script and watch for errors.