Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

eximmailtrap and spam

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by allwebnow, Mar 29, 2007.

1. allwebnow

allwebnow Well-Known Member

Ok, i was having problems not receiving emails from php mail forms from other websites. I read that you need to set eximmailtrap to eximmailtrap=0 in cpanel.config to fix the phpmail issue. So, I did. That did nothing.

So, I unchecked: "Verify the existence of email senders" in Exim Configuration Editor. That worked. But now, I'm getting complaints from clients that they're getting more spam. I did these changes at the same time.

One of the clients that complained uses filtering and whitelisting in cpanel.
    Should I change back eximmailtrap to eximmailtrap=1. Does disabling eximmailtrap have anything to do with him getting more spam? I hope it's not the exim configuration, because I really need to have "Verify the existence of email senders" disabled so I can receive emails from other websites. If it is this, is there a another trick to lightening up spam after this is enabled?

Btw, what is eximmailtrap and what does it do?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. basic

basic Active Member

Hi !

Did you ever find the answers to these questions? I am having the exact same problem and did the exact same thing.

John

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

The eximmailtrap option equates to WHM > Tweak Settings > Track the origin of messages sent though the mail server by adding the X-Source headers, and should really be disabled as it can cause problems delivering email.

If there are issues with web scripts sending email, check /var/log/exim_mainlog and the apache error log when you initiate the script and watch for errors.