The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

eximstats failed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lblanchardiii, Nov 20, 2005.

1. lblanchardiii

lblanchardiii Well-Known Member

I am having some slight problems. I got a few emails "eximstats failed @ Sun Nov 20 11:27:59 2005. A restart was attempted automagicly." and I can't seem to figure out what eximstats is. I think it has something to do with emails, but as far as I know they are all working fine.

Prior to this, I was getting tons of emails similar to this one "While processing the log files for user david, the cpu has been
    maxed out for more than a 6 hour period. The current load/uptime line on the server at the time of" and when I say tons, I mean I have about 100 or so of them that are telling me the same thing.

So decided to gracefully reboot the server, but before that I noticed that alot of services was coming up as "failed" in the server status tab. After the reboot, I got a few emails stating that mysql, and something else along with eximstats wasn't up. So I rebooted the first two manually, but I can't seem to figure out the whole eximstats thing.

I just checked the serverstatus tab and it says that everything is running fine.

I also noticed that the web analizer stats on my sites haven't updated in a while. When I say a while, I don't have any records for this month of November. Last stats month was October.

2. dalem

dalem Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    WHM View Mail Statistics

this is why your stats are not updating user david is using all of the server resouces check to see if his weblogs are over 2GB if so you might want to run the stats more freqently or delete the log files after the stats run

this is normal you just rebooted your server of course they were down

3. aby

aby Well-Known Member

Just to add to what Dalem has told..

It may not always the case that the logs for the user david is very large and is the issue.
    Sometimes the load can also be a big factor. So please have a check on that aspect too. The stats may not run properly if the load is high.

4. simplestar

simplestar Well-Known Member

Hi,

Has anyone come up with a resolve for the 'Eximstats Failed. A Restart Was Attempted Automagically'?

I upgraded to 'Release' and am now receiving the above errors.
    Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

5. aby

aby Well-Known Member

S
    Is eximstats up on your server. If not try it from shell and let me know the output.

/scripts/restartsrv_eximstats

#5 aby, Dec 5, 2005
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2005
  6. AndyReed

AndyReed Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

I suggest you hire a sys admin to solve these issue for you. It is very possible that eximstats DB is corrupted. In this case, you need to drop and then recreate the DB one more time. Rebooting the server won't solve this issue.

7. simplestar

simplestar Well-Known Member

Aby, thanks for your help. The problem has since been resolved. I'd post the answer here but I had a few problems that occurred simultaneously and not sure which onc precisely fixed it.