Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

eximstats, i had to delete tables manually

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by droidman, Apr 6, 2012.

1. droidman

droidman Active Member

Hi, a friend of mine was running a mail server and had eximstats enabled, i dont know if it is at all possible to disable it but this server has a 120GB SSD hard drive that got almost full, eximstats was at 14GB and i tried to login to mysql and delete the tables but they got so huge that it was impossible, also it said they had to be fixed, so i went to the eximstats dir,
    cd /var/lib/mysql/eximstats
    checked for the biggest files
    ll -h
    and emptied them like this:
    > failures.MYD
    and so on, for the biggest ones.
    obviously this emptied them so i dont know if this damaged the structure. the server got fast again, i rebooted it and everything was ok untill now, today it started crashing, reboots are not working properly and tailwatch gets hangged when rebooting cpanel or the server.

i belive that this is related to what i did, anyone knows a script to fix eximstats database structure and empty so i can create a cronjob or something? or disable eximstats.

thanks

2. droidman

droidman Active Member

nevermind, i belive i fix it.
    in a way, these databases are files, i went to another cpanel server with a similar configuration and downloaded the files wich are databases into the damaged one (i have also emptied them before)
    so they just had the structure of the database.
    i replaced them under /var/lib/mysql/eximstats on the damaged server, restarted mysql, tailwatchd, cpanel etc, the server seems to be working 100%.