The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exiscan+Clam+Exim / +spamassassin+rulesdujour+?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by station, Aug 25, 2004.

1. station

station Member

I have done the Exiscan+Clam+Exim Autoinstaller
    and the Clam Updater. All seams to be well.

I have installed Spamassassin.
    In whm/Tweak settings, this is deactivated as I believe was recomended in the Exiscan+Clam+Exim thread mentioned above. Consiquently the users do not have a .spammassassin file in their mail dir. I would assume that I need to turn this on, but I would like to confirm that it won't create a conflict.

I have installed RulesDuJour .
    The install instructions are straight forward, but I'm not so sure that it's really integrated with spamassassin. I think I need to comfirm some config paths, but I'm not sure which or where.

I'm not sure if I'm on the right track with this set-up. It would be of great help if someone could explain a " how to " to set this up properly and comfirm the spam blocking functionality.

I am interested in peoples stats systems for a simular installation. Obviously it would be great to be able to integrate MRFG or what ever that graphical system is called to create web viewable stats of the viruses blocked(identifying which viruses), the spam killed (identifying the type of spam, possibly the real originator of the spam) and the clean mail passed.
    Or how about the real originators IP passed into APF firewall as blocked. That way spammers could eventually be shut out of many/most websites.

I would like to have this working on a server wide basis with the end users able to add their own black and white rules through the cpanel spamassasin config.

TIA for any comment or suggestion.
    :cool:

2. perlchild

perlchild Well-Known Member

I've installed rules du jour, created my own my_rules_du_jour as described inside the script, modifying it for cpanel. So far it's working great, my spam false negative rate from 5% to 1% or so.
    As for stats, unfortunately, I haven't seen much that can be done with the little logging that's done by exiscan.

3. ckizer

ckizer Well-Known Member

What needs to make rules de ju working and ber cleanly intergrated with cpanel...

4. anup123

anup123 Well-Known Member

Presuming that you have yr local.cf in /etc/mail/spamassassin

in /etc/rulesdujour or whatever directory you want it named as , create a directory called congi

within config create your ruledujour file and copy the contents there, edit the paths.
    save and chod to 755
    fire

The rules would be downloaded to /etc/mail/spamassassin folder.

Whatever additional rules that you would want downloaded, you would have to add it to the ruledujour file. Not too sure about integrating with cpanel... i run it manually once a day ...

It's good ..

Anup

5. perlchild

perlchild Well-Known Member

Depends what you mean by integrated...
    It integrates with spamassassin, and spamassassin's what gets integrated to cpanel.