Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Exiscan not checking e-mails for viruses

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by pili, Jul 22, 2004.

1. pili

pili Member

Hi, I need some help. I´m being floooded with viruses since I went from my usual MailScanner + Clam AV .60 to a more recent Exiscan + ClamAV .74 configuration. It seems Exiscan is not invoking Clam AV when processing messages. I don´t have technical knowlege to fix it myself, can you help me to find the problem?

Below is a log of an infected message (Eicar test) being processed.

Jul 21 19:00:48 srv1 spamd[21791]: clean message (-1.1/8.0) for account:32005 in 3.5 seconds, 30647 bytes.

Message header shows no av scan:

X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 2.63 (2004-01-11) on srv1.domain.com.br
    X-Spam-Level:
    X-Spam-Status: No, hits=0.7 required=8.0 tests=BAYES_10,HTML_IMAGE_ONLY_04,
    HTML_MESSAGE,MIME_HTML_ONLY,NO_REAL_NAME autolearn=no version=2.63

Thank you for your help,

Fábio Pili

#1 pili, Jul 22, 2004
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2004
  2. dandanfireman

dandanfireman Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

Please contact me at dshurett (at) alphaomegahosting (dot) com and I will be happy to help out.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. pili

pili Member

Made it work

Thank you for the offer. I made it work by reinstalling MailScanner and then using Anand´s auto updader at: http://www.cpanelappz.com/exiscan+clam+exim-installer.htm

Now viruses are all being blocked but the ones inside password protected zip files. I´ll post a mesage about this on the Exiscan+Clam+Exim Autoinstaller thread.

Thank you!