SOLVED Expired cPanel SSL Cert is being used instead of new LetsEncrypt

kcroy

Jul 21, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
One of my websites is displaying an expired cert instead of the new one. How can I address this issue?

Backgrond: I have had to move my server host twice in the last month. First, I had to move to an upgraded server to avoid the SSL problems discussed in this thread. Unfortunately the host I moved to provided me with IPs that were on spam blacklists. After wrestling with this for a week, and dealing with upset clients, I moved to a upgraded server on my original host. This has played a bit of havoc with my SSL certs.

Currently I have things resolved on all but one of the cpanel accounts. You can see I am still serving the expired sectigo cert. REDACTED The differences between this cpanel account and the others are: 1) REDACTED.com DNS is set from a different hosting account 2) I deleted the "SSL Host" before I requested a new LetsEncrypt cert.I don't know if either of these matter, but they are the only two differences I am aware of.

Any help or direction appreciated

edit: I thought I had the issue resolved, but now it is showing a different certificate, an expired one from my host. I'm confused as hell.

Last edited by a moderator:

kcroy

Jul 21, 2012
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Thank you so much for checking! I checked with a proxy and it does appear to be working now, so that is awesome. Best kind of problem to have! I must also be having local cache issues. Two browsers still point to the old server, and one browser is pointing me to a certificate which is supposed to be good until April 22 2022, but is still saying "insecure". So I have no idea what is going on. Thanks for checking!