The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Expired license on a new VPS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by WizAd, Nov 23, 2010.

1. WizAd

WizAd Registered

Nov 23, 2010
    Hi everyone, I set up a VPS today and after going through the initial six step WHM setup I get a warning telling me my licence has expired.

I ran
    from putty, which returned

I've contacted the company which I get my licence from and they told me my licence couldn't be verified because I've deleted the VM and reinstalled CentOS 5 and cPanel. But I was getting the exact errors when I set up the VPS for the first time.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Houston, TX
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Run this command from the shell as root:

# curl
    Does the IP address that this outputs have a valid cPanel license? You can check by entering it here:

License Verification - cPanel Inc.

If the IP address given by the curl command does not match the IP address that is licensed, you will either need to reconfigure your routing so that our license servers "see" the correct IP address, or change the licensed IP address.

It would be best if you submit a ticket so that we can assist you with this problem directly. Use the link in my signature. You can get the support access number you will be prompted for by running the following command from the shell as root:

# /usr/local/cpanel/cpanel -S