Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Export email account & messages to hmailserver

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussion' started by chazzuka, Sep 6, 2007.

1. chazzuka

chazzuka Registered

i have an Apache hosting that using cpanel and already running but now i just bought a new server windows 2003 server
    now i want to migrate one of mydomain that hosted in the old server to my new windows 2003 server including all email address and messages

for info in my new server i am using hMailserver 4.4

does anyone knows how to do that?

thanks in advance

2. DeepakW

DeepakW Active Member

Hello,

You will have to create all email account manually on your new windows server. I think to move the message from cPanel linux server to windows server is not possible. I will suggest to download all your existing emails on your local system using any Email client.

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I've done this recently for a server with a few accounts on. As DeepakW says, you'll have to create the account manually, but I used this tool to migrate all the folders and email within each account successfully:
    http://freshmeat.net/projects/imapcopy/

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...