The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exporting email addresses communicated with from cpanel webmail

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by gmanikumar, Jan 18, 2015.

1. gmanikumar

gmanikumar Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hi all,

I have a question and I'm hoping for some advise on how to go about it. Here's what I am trying to do: I have communicated with a lot of people through my webmail configured in outlook. I'd like to generate a list of all the email addresses that I have communicated with. I did not bother adding them as contacts though. So in my contact list at horde and other webmail clients, it says I have 0 contacts. In this case, what would be the easiest way to generate a list of all email addresses of people that I have communicated with? I do not need their names, just their email ids. The reason behind this feat is that I'm trying to create a mailing database for mailchimp and I was asked to include their email ids int he database.

Thanks in advance for any input.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Did you use IMAP in your Outlook email client? If so, the sent messages should still be stored on the server. You could contact your hosting provider and ask them to grant you SSH access so you can search the sent messages for the "TO" address in order to generate a list of email addresses you sent email to.

Thank you.

3. gmanikumar

gmanikumar Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Thanks for the response! I got everything I need with your help :).

I do have another question, however. I just realized that all unrouted emails were not being sent to a default address. I just added a default address. However, it seems that my domain was accepting these emails previously, however, no one was actually getting it. Is there any way to view those emails at all? Is it stored somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator