The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

External Relay Setup for Local Domain

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by tomi1122, Sep 29, 2008.

1. tomi1122

tomi1122 Member

I think I have reached a dead end. My requirements are simple I hope.

1. I need to enable relay for an external host with a fixed ip, say app.domain.com

2. app.domain.com is also registered as a (sub)domain on cPanel to enable domain forwarding so that the app.domain.com host itself never has to process any incoming SMTP traffic. domain.com is also registered with cPanel.

3. app.domain.com requires SMTP relay host but it does not support authenticated relay.

When I enabled the app.domain.com in /etc/alwaysrelay by IP I get this error:

H=app.domain.com [x.x.x.x] F=<user@yahoo.com> rejected RCPT <user@yahoo.com>: Forged HELO: you are not app.domain.com our local domain and you are not allowed to use
    as per RFC Standards.

That I think is because app.domain.com is of course registered with cPanel. But it has to be to enable domain forwarding. Is there a way out of this?

Tom

2. nickp666

nickp666 Well-Known Member

That output is from a custom ACL, you will need to add an exclusion list to it to get it to work, post your acl config here and I'll see what I can do