The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

External Webmail Redirect

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by bhcomjared, Jun 18, 2008.

1. bhcomjared

bhcomjared Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I run 2 servers, 1 for websites the other for email. I had a working redirect for webmail.domain.com / domain.com/webmail so that customers could easily access. I had made a dns entry that would redirect all requests to the mail server.

As of one of the latest stable tree updates, these no longer work, I've tracked down 3 things that seem to be messing with it....

ScriptAliasMatch ^/?webmail/?$ /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/wredirect.cgi
    RewriteRule ^/(.*) http://127.0.0.1:2095/$1 [P]

I've tried to comment out the scriptaliasmatch, and force redirect to the mail server ip, results in a time out.

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?:eek:

Thanks

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    You might try removing any changes you had custom setup. cPanel now handles both ways. webmail/domain.com and domain.com/webmail

3. bhcomjared

bhcomjared Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I might have wrote it out a little choppy, but I have 2 separate servers, one handling web pages, the other handling email.:eek:

And yes cPanel's wemail. and domain.com/webmail both work. Problem is I want it pointing to our mail server. Simply put I want webmail.domain and domain.com/webmail to redirect to (mail server ip)x.x.x.x:2095.

We've got a simple work around at the moment. DNS entry pointing to a unique account on our mailserver and then a php redirect forcing it to go to x.x.x.x:2095.

I'd like to fix this up more though. So when someone types in domain2.com/webmail - webmail.domain2.com (and all our other domains) to redirect over to x.x.x.x:2095.

Any ideas?:confused:

Thanks