The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extracting MySQL data from the command line (jailshell)?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by collinong, Jun 22, 2004.

1. collinong

collinong Member

I have no idea what is going on with my host, but the server no longer responds to http requests nor do my contacts respond to my emails. However, I can still ftp and ssh in. I had current file backups so I'm ok there, but somehow the cpanel generated sql backups are 3-4 months out of date (even though I generated them on 6/10/04).

Can anybody suggest any way to get the mysql data off the server? Since jailshell does not allow mysql access, and phpmyadmin can't run since http is not running, what else can I do? Is there a command line script that could operate sort of like phpmyadmin?

Please help.

Thanks,
    Collin

2. Myacen

Myacen Well-Known Member

Ask your new host to move your site over. Most will do this free of charge

3. collinong

collinong Member

The last time I tried this, it required the old host to approve the transfer. Since they are incommunacado, I doubt this would work.

In any case, I just discovered the mysqldump command. After working several permutations of the username and password, the following command works:

mysqldump -ce -u <CPANELUSERNAME> -p <CPANELUSERNAME>_<DATABASENAME> > backup.sql

You'll be prompted for a password, enter your Cpanel pw.

I'm trying out the data now to see if its complete this time.