The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Extremely high cpu usage from MySQL since last night, possibly due to 5.0.92 upgrade?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ambition13, Mar 20, 2011.

1. ambition13

ambition13 Active Member

Hello,

My server has been at extremely high cpu usage levels since last night. It has been sending me "[cpuwatchcheck] Cpu/Server Overload on servername" emails every few hours since this morning. The process having problems is mysqld and the load is over 90% (on a dual cpu box). I checked the mysql version and it looks like it's been updated from 5.0.91 to 5.0.92 so I am wondering if that has anything to do with it.

The server is really not that busy I went into mysql and did SHOW PROCESSLIST; and at times there are just 2 or 3 queries. For the tables/databases that are getting hit, I went and did a db check and the tables come back ok. So I did an optimize on them too. No help. Also I rebooted the server just to see if that would help but it did not.

Anyone have any ideas on this one? Thank you in advance.

#1 ambition13, Mar 20, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2011
  2. ambition13

ambition13 Active Member

Re: Extremely high cpu usage from MySQL since last night, possibly due to 5.0.92 upgr

This has been resolved, thanks.

3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Re: Extremely high cpu usage from MySQL since last night, possibly due to 5.0.92 upgr

Could you let us know how it was resolved for future reference?