Benjade77

Nov 15, 2015
Brussels
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

Facebook do not allow facebook login for WHM:

Hi,

Thanks for getting back to us, your app app host.domain.com (AppId: 2548148658961458)
doesn't fully comply with our Platform Policies as we were unable to log into your app and review it.

Therefore, to be able to restore your app and mark it as compliance, we will need you to provide the following details about your appeal:

1. Detailed instructions describing how we can access your platform to test and review. Once we are able to access your platform, the experience we test in your app should accurately reflect the experience a user has in your app.

2. Valid credentials for us to login to your app and test/review its functionality and its use of any Facebook API integration. These credentials should be valid indefinitely to allow for future review of your app.

Please reply here when you have made the fixes to your app and we will review it once more for compliance.

Thanks,

Facebook

Did I miss something or new policy?

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Thanks for that screenshot - that's exactly what I needed to see.

The button is indeed configured with the WHM >> Manage External Authentications area, so you would need the App ID and App Secret key in order to get that registered. Facebook should not need to access your server or perform any additional testing on their end to verify that.

Can you let me know what specific work led to that message that you received from Facebook?

Details on their app development process can be found here: Facebook App Development

Benjade77

Nov 15, 2015
Brussels
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
my Facebook connection was working fine until I got this message from Facebook. They say I can't use this feature if they can't access it to verify that everything is in order and in accordance with their policy. Which I obviously refused.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Were you the creator of the original link to the Facebook app? While the option is included in WHM, the function requires a specific key combo to the Facebook app, which isn't something we'd have on our side. It would be up to the app developer to provide that.

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I wouldn't say it's wasted, I just think there's a misunderstanding of where the issue lies. cPanel itself doesn't enable that Facebook tool by default - it has to be turned on by a developer at some point. That developer would have set up the keys to connect to Facebook, which is likely where the issue is. No one on the cPanel team would be able to help with that, and the Facebook response seems odd as well as it is not a new app being created.

You'd need to work with the developer of the Facebook app to get the connection working again, but Facebook wouldn't need access to the server to do that.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Account Administration 1
V Account Administration 8