CentOs 7
cPanel & WHM Version
v98.0.6

Sajawal

Sep 10, 2020
Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi, my client trying to send the email to me on my domain and facing the below error message. I have already set the " Apache SpamAssassin™: bounce spam score threshold " to " No bouncing by spam score " and also " Apache SpamAssassin™ reject spam score threshold " has the value "5" in Exim Configuration. Please let me know if there is any other setting which needs to be set in order to avoid such bounce back message.

Bounce back Message

2021-09-09 11:38:12 xxxxxx H=m97175.mail.qiye.163.com [220.181.97.175]:48677 Warning: "SpamAssassin as xxx detected message as NOT spam (3.3)"
2021-09-09 11:38:12 xxxxxx H=m97175.mail.qiye.163.com [220.181.97.175]:48677 Warning: Message has been scanned: no virus or other harmful content was found
2021-09-09 11:38:12 xxxxxx <= [email protected] H=m97175.mail.qiye.163.com [220.181.97.175]:48677 P=esmtps X=TLS1.2:ECDHE-RSA-AES256-GCM-SHA384:256 CV=no S=91965 [email protected]
sso.com T="Re:Re: RE: Re: CFR DETAILS" for [email protected]
2021-09-09 11:38:12 xxxxxx cancelled by system filter: The mail server detected your message as spam and has prevented delivery (30).
2021-09-09 11:38:14 xxxxxx Completed

Regards,
Sajawal

Last edited by a moderator:

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! It doesn't appear that SpamAssassin is doing the bouncing, but something with either the system or account filter is causing this. Do you see anything in cPanel >> Email Filters or cPanel >> Global Email Filters that could be causing this?

Sajawal

Sep 10, 2020
Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hey there! It doesn't appear that SpamAssassin is doing the bouncing, but something with either the system or account filter is causing this. Do you see anything in cPanel >> Email Filters or cPanel >> Global Email Filters that could be causing this?
Yes, I checked both and there is no filter define in it. The below line is making me confuse that what system filter (30) is?
" cancelled by system filter: The mail server detected your message as spam and has prevented delivery (30). "

cPRex

Jurassic Moderator
Staff member
Oct 19, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It's possible there is a higher-level filter on the system that isn't showing up in the account for some reason. Do you see anything in /etc/vfilters for the domain? If not, we'd be happy to take a look at the system for you if you create a ticket with our team.

Sajawal

Sep 10, 2020
Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
It's possible there is a higher-level filter on the system that isn't showing up in the account for some reason. Do you see anything in /etc/vfilters for the domain? If not, we'd be happy to take a look at the system for you if you create a ticket with our team.
Hi, thanks for your help I have found the root cause of this issue, there was a custom filter define in the system filter file which was missed somehow by me.
But could you please let me know what is "\N^\d+$\N" in the below line so that I can define my filter correctly?

if ($h_X-Spam-Score: matches \N^\d+$\N and $h_X-Spam-Score: is above 30)

cPJustinD

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2021
Houston
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi there! The expression in the line you referenced appears to be regex or regular expression:

\N = Match anything but new lines
^ = Start of line
\d = Any digit

We've published an article that contains a bit more information on regex here:

What is Regex?

I hope that this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!

Sajawal

Sep 10, 2020
Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi there! The expression in the line you referenced appears to be regex or regular expression:

\N = Match anything but new lines
^ = Start of line
\d = Any digit

We've published an article that contains a bit more information on regex here:

What is Regex?

I hope that this helps. Let us know if you have any other questions or concerns!
Hi, thanks for the helpful article, it helps me a lot.

Reactions: cPJustinD