Facing issue in removing addon domain?

John

Jan 1, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi All,

I am trying to remove an add-on domain from cPanel, but this add-on domain is already added as a cPanel main domain. So when I try to delete this domain from cPanel getting error "Sorry, you do not control the domain example.com". Followed the forum post https://forums.cpanel.net/f5/unable-delete-add-domain-143105.html. Still no luck. Is there any way to remove the add-on domain with out removing the cPanel account?..

Thank you,

cPanelPeter

Technical Analyst III
Staff member
Sep 23, 2013
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Twitter
Hello,

I'm not certain how you were able to add a main domain if the addon domain already existed (or vice-versa). This is not normally allowed within WHM/cPanel. Chances are that you will need to make manual file adjustments, but what those adjustments are is not going to be known without investigation. Please feel free to open a support ticket using the link within my signature.

cPanelMichael

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 11, 2011
Hello :)

One location not referenced in that thread is the userdata directory of the account. EX:

/var/cpanel/userdata/$username

There are several files within that directory you will need to manually edit to remove the references to the addon domain.

Remember to post the ticket number here should you decide to open a ticket.

Thank you.