The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Facing issue in removing addon domain?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by John, May 6, 2014.

1. John

John Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi All,

I am trying to remove an add-on domain from cPanel, but this add-on domain is already added as a cPanel main domain. So when I try to delete this domain from cPanel getting error "Sorry, you do not control the domain example.com". Followed the forum post https://forums.cpanel.net/f5/unable-delete-add-domain-143105.html. Still no luck. Is there any way to remove the add-on domain with out removing the cPanel account?..

Thank you,

2. cPanelPeter

cPanelPeter Technical Analyst III
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

I'm not certain how you were able to add a main domain if the addon domain already existed (or vice-versa). This is not normally allowed within WHM/cPanel. Chances are that you will need to make manual file adjustments, but what those adjustments are is not going to be known without investigation. Please feel free to open a support ticket using the link within my signature.

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

One location not referenced in that thread is the userdata directory of the account. EX:

/var/cpanel/userdata/$username

There are several files within that directory you will need to manually edit to remove the references to the addon domain.

Remember to post the ticket number here should you decide to open a ticket.

Thank you.