The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

:fail: behavior on default POP

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by babakb, Mar 9, 2007.

1. babakb

babakb Well-Known Member

I did a search and I know this issue was brought up before, but I'd like to know if anyone has came up with a solution since..

PROBLEM:
    The default (catch-all) POP can not be configured to accept mail only to select addresses. For example, you can not set the default POP domain@domain.com to reject ( :fail: ) all caught mail except those for jim@domain.com. We actually have to go and create a new POP for this to work (by forwarding mail for jim@ to the new POP).

TWO NON-PRACTICAL WORKAROUNDS:
    1. Enter domain@domain.com as domain@server.hostname.com in the e-mail forwards.

2. Edit the /etc/valiases/domain.com file and change
    jim@domain.com: domain@domain.com
    TO:
    jim@domain.com: domain

Problem with #1 is that .. well try explaining it to customers. Will confuse the heck out of them. Problem with #2 is that the entry does not get listed in the users e-mail forwards page.

I'm migrating hundreds of accounts from non-cPanel servers to cPanel and I've got everything figured out except this one. There are lots of customers who are just using their default POP and accepting mail to specific addresses while rejecting all others. So far it has not been possible to migrate this setup into cPanel without creating a new POP, which will require all customers to change their e-mail config.