cPanel & WHM Version
v88.0.13

OregonDean

Registered
Jan 10, 2019
West Linn, OR
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
UPDATE ... All is well ... In looking at the version 88 history I see that 88.0.3 is an older version than 88.0.13 ... the numbering system was quite confusing at first.

Hi All,

I just received the urgent security notice "cPanel TSR-2020-0003 Announcement" suggesting we upgrade to v88.0.3 or greater. We are currently running v88.0.13.

One by one I clicked the update buttons (system update, update server software, and update to latest version), and then restarted the server (in the middle of a production day due to the implied urgency) but the displayed version did not update.

A quick check at UpdatePreferences shows v88.0.13 as the "Stable" and "Release" version of cPanel, with "Current" disabled.

How do I get to v88.0.3 or greater as recommended in the security bulletin?

Thanks, Dean

Last edited:

OregonDean

Registered
Jan 10, 2019
West Linn, OR
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi All,

I just received the urgent security notice "cPanel TSR-2020-0003 Announcement" suggesting we upgrade to v88.0.3 or greater. We are currently running v88.0.13.

One by one I clicked the update buttons (system update, update server software, and update to latest version), and then restarted the server (in the middle of a production day due to the implied urgency) but the displayed version did not update.

A quick check at UpdatePreferences shows v88.0.13 as the "Stable" and "Release" version of cPanel, with "Current" disabled.

How do I get to v88.0.3 or greater as recommended in the security bulletin?

Thanks, Dean
And as I probed further I see that 88.0.3 is an earlier version (May 2020) than 88.0.13 (July 2020) ... at first glance that is a confusing numbering scheme!

All is well.

Dean

Michael Svendsen

Dec 19, 2016
Denmark
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi Dean,

As with most software versions, the number between the dots are actual integers. Meaning 13 would be higher than 3, and not to be confused with 3x vs 13 :)