Failed to create the account: is not a valid username on this system

Dec 6, 2020
NA
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
I am trying to do a local restore from a cpmove backup and am getting the following error:

Code:
Starting “RESTORE” for “Account” “my-site.com_cpmove-lommu”.
Restore File: /home/my-site.com_cpmove-lommuqo.tar.gz
Restore Reseller Privs: no
Restricted mode: yes
Live transfer: no
Target “/home” on host “cpanel1.example.com” has 211.99 GB free and requires at least 2.53 GB free, which includes space for temporary files.
The “Reseller” restore module has the following areas disabled by request: “all”
ArchiveManager
Preparing archive for restoration …
Calculating disk space needed …
Done.
Target “/home/cpanelpkgrestore.TMP.work.99a25dca/unsafe_to_read_archive” on host “cpanel1.example.com” has 211.99 GB free and requires at least 2.53 GB free, which includes space for temporary files.
This archive’s payload appears to be in the archive’s “cpmove-lommuqo” directory.
ArchiveManager
The system successfully prepared the archive for restoration.
PreRestoreActions
PreRestoreActions
Account
Force Mode: no
Dedicated IP Address: yes
Account
Failed to create the account: (XID gaaeh9) “my-site.com_cpmove-lommu” is not a valid username on this system. at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 646.
Failed: Account Restore Failed: “Account failure: Failed to create the account: (XID gaaeh9) “my-site.com_cpmove-lommu” is not a valid username on this system. at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/Accounts/Create.pm line 646. ”
What could be the cause?

ZenHostingTravis

PartnerNOC
May 22, 2020
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
The file is labelled incorrectly.

“my-site.com_cpmove-lommu” is not a valid username on this system.

This is an example of a .tar.gz file in the proper format.
backup-1.01.2021_14-52-29_agent.tar.gz

Reactions: cPRex

ffeingol

PartnerNOC
Nov 9, 2001
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
If the backup did not come from the same machine the uid/gid's may not match up and the ownership may be wrong? Can't you look in the 'cp' folder of the backup? There is normally a file there that is named the cPanel user-id and it contains their notify preferences etc.