Failed to generate SSL for domain

Icaro

May 29, 2019
Contagem
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hello!

I am facing a problem and I can not find any more alternatives to solve it.

AutoSSL can not generate a valid certificate for a specific domain that is on my server.

View the generated logs:

Code:
Log for the AutoSSL run for “vozprofe”: Wednesday, June 5, 2019 10:42:32 AM GMT-0300 (cPanel (powered by Sectigo))
 10:42:32 AM AutoSSL’s configured provider is “cPanel (powered by Sectigo)”.
 This AutoSSL provider does not poll for certificate availability immediately after a certificate request submission. Instead, it submits certificate requests then periodically polls the cPanel Store for each requested certificate and installs it after a successful retrieval. The system will record all requests, retrievals, and installations for the current AutoSSL run in this log.
 Checking websites for “vozprofe” …
 10:42:32 AM Analyzing “example.com.example.net” …
 10:42:32 AM ERROR TLS Status: Defective
 ERROR Defect: NO_SSL: No SSL certificate is installed.
 10:42:32 AM Analyzing “example.net” …
 10:42:32 AM ERROR TLS Status: Defective
 ERROR Defect: NO_SSL: No SSL certificate is installed.
 10:42:32 AM Performing DCV (Domain Control Validation) …
 10:46:40 AM ERROR “example.net” is either not a registered domain or you can’t connect to the root nameservers. Try accessing the domain later.
 ERROR “www.example.net” is either not a registered domain or you can’t connect to the root nameservers. Try accessing the domain later.
 ERROR “mail.example.net” is either not a registered domain or you can’t connect to the root nameservers. Try accessing the domain later.
 ERROR “cpanel.example.net” is either not a registered domain or you can’t connect to the root nameservers. Try accessing the domain later.
 ERROR “webdisk.example.net” is either not a registered domain or you can’t connect to the root nameservers. Try accessing the domain later.
 ERROR “webmail.example.net” is either not a registered domain or you can’t connect to the root nameservers. Try accessing the domain later.
 ERROR “example.com.example.net” is either not a registered domain or you can’t connect to the root nameservers. Try accessing the domain later.
 ERROR “www.example.com.example.net” is either not a registered domain or you can’t connect to the root nameservers. Try accessing the domain later.
 10:46:40 AM Analyzing “example.com.example.net”’s DCV results …
 10:46:40 AM ERROR Impediment: TOTAL_DCV_FAILURE: Every domain failed DCV.
 10:46:40 AM Analyzing “example.net”’s DCV results …
 10:46:40 AM ERROR Impediment: TOTAL_DCV_FAILURE: Every domain failed DCV.
 10:46:40 AM The system has completed the AutoSSL check for “vozprofe”.
The domain is registered and working, HTTP access works normally.

Anyone have any idea what might be happening?

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
When I run the following command for your domain on my server I'm able to retrieve the nameservers, but if you run it on yours what is the output?

Code:
/usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/perl -MCpanel::DnsRoots -MData::Dumper -e 'print Dumper(Cpanel::DnsRoots->new()->get_nameservers_for_domain("yourdomain.tld"));'
Be sure to change yourdomain.tld out with your domain name

Icaro

May 29, 2019
Contagem
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I run the command and this was the output:

Code:
[[email protected] ~]#  /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/bin/perl -MCpanel::DnsRoots -MData::Dumper -e 'print Dumper(Cpanel::DnsRoots->new()->get_nameservers_for_domain("example.com"));'
$VAR1 = {};

Last edited by a moderator:

cPanelLauren

Forums Analyst II
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hello,

Just to follow up here, it looks like our analysts found some serious security issues on the server and were unable to proceed with an investigation. I can't tell you if the issues you're experiencing right now are related or not but I would strongly suggest that you follow the advice provided in the ticket to resolve the issues.