The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Failed to receive email

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Stanleytiew, Sep 3, 2005.

1. Stanleytiew

Stanleytiew Well-Known Member

Something strange happen to my newly setup server, I call it ns1.server1.com. I'm unable to receive email send from ns1.server2.com to one of the domain only. Emails send from other source such as hotmail or yahoo can be received perfectly. However other domain in ns1.server1.com can receive email from ns1.server2.com. Now I do not know either ns1.server1.com or ns1.server2.com having configuration problem. Can anybody assist on this.

2. bijo

bijo Well-Known Member

Hello,

Did you check the exim logs?. What error did you get from the exim log?. Paste the log here. it will help to find out your issue. And also check the domainname details in dnsreport.com

3. Stanleytiew

Stanleytiew Well-Known Member

Finally I found the error, it is because both server have the same domain setup. I didn't expect it will give problem because DNS had been change at domain registrar. I deleted the account from server2 and everything working well. I spend almost 24 hours finding the error.

Thank you very much for taking your time to reply to theis thread.

4. aby

aby Well-Known Member

The issue is that first exim will search for the domain locally and if it finds the domain on the server , then it will send
    the mail locally and the mail won't be send outside.