The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

failing cron job

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by delia, Jul 8, 2015.

1. delia

delia Member

Feb 11, 2008
    I have a cron job that is not longer being able to complete.

I get a message (configserver) that calls it a suspicious process. That's probably happening because the job had been running for 95 seconds which is no question more time than it should take.

The job is a perl script that reaches out to another server to pull information. This is the command line mentioned in the email which is also at the point where it is reaching out to the other server.

/usr/bin/wget -nd -A *scores.html -np -r -P/home/domain/public_html/.temp/

That looks to me like the other server is creating the problems.

However, I'm now running WHM version 11.50.0 (build 22) and there have been other issues with a few things. Obviously, this version is more than a few fixes.

So the question is can anything be running on this WHM version that would hinder this?

I'm pretty sure that configserver isn't creating this issue but I will take this to their forums if no one can come up with a reason for WHM blocking this
    #1 delia, Jul 8, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2015
  2. JonathanW-GOT

JonathanW-GOT Member

Jul 2, 2015
    Norfolk, Virginia
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In order to troubleshoot this, there are multiple steps you can take. Just to stop the warnings, I would recommend you whitelist the process by following the guide I linked below. I would recommend you start by checking /var/log/cron to see if there are any errors while running the cron job. Then I would run the process manually in the command line to ensure that it is working correctly. These two steps should definitely be able to determine why the cron job is no longer executing.

Whitelist Process(8. Process Tracking):

Jonathan Walker
  3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

Apr 11, 2011
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Are you able to run that command on it's own without issue? Is the file you are downloading still available to the public?

Thank you.