The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Failing to syncronize inboxes in two PCs from the same email account (under Mac)

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by Kent Brockman, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Kent Brockman

Kent Brockman Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hi there people. I have an annoying situation with one customer using the email accounts over a Macintosh based LAN. She is checking the same email account from two computers, and both of them have different received emails. One of the PCs receive ALL the mails. The other receive about 80% of the content of the inbox. Both Mail programs have been setup to preserve the messages in the server for a week. They receive about 200-300 mails a day, but the second PC is not receivng "everything", which is annoying because they cannot know for sure if they are really receiving everything of part of the total.
    I've checked the exim_mainlog and there are no errors reported refered to this email account.
    They also do use another accounts in the same domain but everything else works fine.

I've seen it happening and I realize that it is like the two computers being "competing" for getting the mails. May be possible that some of the mails marked as read are not being retrieved?

Any ideas?
    Any compatibility issue with Mail for Mac?

2. verdon

verdon Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I've never experienced anything like this, and am a long-time Mac user. Sorry I can't help. If no one else here can, macfixit.com has useful forums.

3. Kent Brockman

Kent Brockman Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    I cannot verify because that customer is the only using Mac. All the rest are Windows users and everything is working fine with them.
    Thank you for the macfixit.com reference, I will dig for an answer if anybody else may bring more ideas.