cPanel & WHM Version

Jans

Registered
May 12, 2020
Lusaka,Zambia
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Good bloggers,
We have a client whose domain we are not hosting but using our Internet for email traffic.Now we have hit a snag while trying to assist them setup emails as our smtp server is not accepting email configuration

Jans

Registered
May 12, 2020
Lusaka,Zambia
cPanel Access Level
Reseller Owner
Further information is,we have scenario where our data customer whose domain is hosted by another isp failing to use our cpanel server as smtp for their emails.When doing configuration in outlook,incoming email server authenticate fine but only outgoing server failes.Not sure if we need to allow them somewhere in the configs in order for them to use us smtp.Please note that we are not hosting this customer,however,they just using our internet

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
It sounds as though what you're hosting is their email. If they're using your server to authenticate then that would be the case.
  • Are you putting the same information in the SMTP server box as you are the Incoming server box in the mail client?
  • What exactly is the error they receive?
  • Which ports are you using for the outbound connection?
  • Have you tried using the email client configurator tool that's available when you manage the email account?

thegeniee

Registered
Aug 20, 2020
Lahore Pakistan
cPanel Access Level
Website Owner
It sounds as though what you're hosting is their email. If they're using your server to authenticate then that would be the case.
  • Are you putting the same information in the SMTP server box as you are the Incoming server box in the mail client?
  • What exactly is the error they receive?
  • Which ports are you using for the outbound connection?
  • Have you tried using the email client configurator tool that's available when you manage the email account?
Dear Lauren,
Good day,
This is Assif.
I am using Windows 2007.
I have more or less similar problem for my incoming/outgoing E-mails.
On Default Settings available at webmail portal, Incoming/Outgoing E-mails not working. (Error msg attached)

However, changing Outlook E-mail settings to Default enables incoming E-mails (Setting Screen Shot attached)

I have followed all the steps available at Webmail Portal Guideline but not able to resolve the issue.

Looking for prompt help.

Rgds.,

Assif.

Attachments

Last edited:

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston

keat63

Nov 20, 2014
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
This looks like to Outlook2007 or 2010.
I still use 2003 believe it or not...
I note on your second image, there's a drop down for encryption type, have you tried changing these at all.

@cPanelLauren as a reseller, would the OP have access to exim config ?

Last edited:
Reactions: cPanelLauren