Fantastico 2 Installation- How do i do it?

Dluzion

Apr 13, 2006
ok i got the fantastico files, but there are accoutns already on my server how do i install fantastico so that it goes in all of the pre existing accounts on the server?

thats the installation guid im clueless

--- INSTALLATION GUIDE ---

If you are a reseller, then steps 1-4 must be done by the server owner (root). A reseller does not have enough rights for these operations. All further configuration and updates will be done by you.

1) Upload fantastico.tgz to a non web-accessible area of your server (eg: place it into /home/ANYUSER/. Upload in BINARY mode.

2) Telnet to your server (log in as root)

cd /home/some_user/
tar xzpf fantastico.tgz

(Replace the word "some_user" above with the real username.
Example: cd /home/admin/)

3) Change the owner of the fantastico files to the user that will be the administrator:

chown -R some_user.some_user fantastico

(Replace the words "some_user" above with the real username.
Example: chown -R admin.admin fantastico)

4) Move Fantastico into a theme's directory.

To move it into bluelagoon:
mv /home/some_user/fantastico /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/bluelagoon/

To move it into Xskin:
mv /home/some_user/fantastico /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/Xskin/

To move it into coolbreeze:
mv /home/some_user/fantastico /usr/local/cpanel/base/frontend/coolbreeze/

Coolbreeze (as of version of April 25th 2003) and XController will automatically detect Fantastico and link to it. Other skins will need a symlink to the Fantastico directory and a HTML-link to this symlink (for example create into the theme's directory a symlink named "fantastico" and pointing to the original Fantastico directory. Now add to your skin a HTML-link to ./fantastico/index.php if you didn't modify the name or to ./your_name/index.php if you did modify the name.)

webignition

Jan 22, 2005
Dluzion said:
ok i got the fantastico files, but there are accoutns already on my server how do i install fantastico so that it goes in all of the pre existing accounts on the server?

thats the installation guid im clueless
The installation instructions you have are outdated. Refer to http://www.netenberg.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=950 for the current installation instructions.