The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fantastico De Luxe 2.8.2 with Soholaunch Pro sitebuilder

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by kosmo, Oct 28, 2004.

1. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

Fantastico De Luxe 2.8.2 auto-Installs Website Creation Software from Soholaunch®

We are proud to announce our cooperation with Soholaunch in order to provide our customers with a world class sitebuilder. Starting with Fantastico De Luxe version 2.8.2 available immediatelly, Fantastico De Luxe will auto-install Soholaunch in your user's web space offering them powerful but easy tools to create and maintain their website.

Existing and future Fantastico customers gain big advantages over the competition:
    - Current Fantastico De Luxe licensees get a no obligation 90 days free trial for unlimited domains. Includes serverwide, unlimited domains Soholaunch Pro Server Base + 3 Complete Feature Modules as a bonus.
    - New Fantastico De Luxe licensees get a no obligation 6 months free trial for unlimited domains. Includes serverwide, unlimited domains Soholaunch Pro Server Base + 3 Complete Feature Modules as a bonus. No obligation? No obligation. Period.
    Offer limited for new licenses until January 31st, 2005.
    - All Fantastico De Luxe licensed servers (currently and future) get a 20% discount when ordering Soholaunch Pro Server (after the free trial period) and when upgrading from Pro Base to Pro Server 100 or to Pro Server Unlimited. Just enter the IP address of your Fantastico licensed server when ordering.

We are very excited about this cooperation and hope to have brought you the best sitebuilder currently available with the best conditions currently possible. Read the complete press release: http://netenberg.com/soholaunch.php

Notice: In order to auto-install Soholaunch, you need to upgrade your Fantastico De Luxe installation(s) to version 2.8.2.

If you don't have Fantastico installed on your cPanel server, purchase Fantastico De Luxe until January 31, 2005 here to get a 6 months free Soholaunch trial.

kosmo

#1 kosmo, Oct 28, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2004
  2. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

For those that are interested, here is the site that details the offer from the soholaunch side.

It looks like it is going to cost anywhere from $95US-$720US per year depending on which package you choose and how many servers you license. In all instances, the cost is more than that of a Fantastico license itself with no accomodation for renewal discounts or volume licening (at least not in the base package).

This is not what I was expecting when I first heard that Netenberg was working on developing a website builder script. AFAIK, people have already been running soholaunch on cpanel servers (albeit without the 20% discount).

3. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

The cost point is true (after the initial free trial period). However we managed to move Soholaunch from the per domain pricing to the serverwide pricing. This alone makes SL pricing a lot lower than it used to be. Additionally, a 20% discount is granted exclusively to the Fantastico licensees.

If you carefully put all your SL customers to SL licensed servers, you will pay 2-3$ per customer yearly (maximum with fully featured Soholaunch and 250-300 accounts per server).

I don't want to repeat the default "you get what you pay for" but I think this is a very good deal if you want to offer quality hosting with a sitebuilder option (and I am sure you personally do :D ).

kosmo

4. SarcNBit

Is Netenberg going to handle the support?

One of the reasons we were looking forward to a Netenberg developed solution is because we already have experience with them. ;) Call it conservative, but I prefer to consolidate vendors as much as possible to prevent finger pointing.

We are interested in offering a sitebuilder solution to accomodate those customers that are migrating from; register.com, geocities, etc., but we do not want to wind up getting caught in the middle of any finger pointing battles.

BTW, note for any cPanel people readin this thread: After fixing the issues that were causing conflicts between cPanel updates and Fantastico prior to the recent security fix releases :) , it looks like (based on forum threads at netenberg.com) recent releases have reintroduced the problems :( . Please reintroduce the fixes! :cool:

5. damainman

damainman Well-Known Member

I'm not really to impress about soholaunch, to me it seems it would be easier and cheaper to just implement sitestudio... unless i'm misunderstanding the pricing and feature structure.

Also how friendly is SL with Cpanel?

#5 damainman, Oct 28, 2004
  6. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

No, unless it is installation related. Sorry.

kosmo

7. gorilla

gorilla Well-Known Member

So who will provide the support then :p

8. SarcNBit

Well, hopefully Fantastico v3 will enable 3rd party 'plug-ins' as I described in this thread ;) That way anyone with enough interest could integrate a different solution :)

I have not (yet!) tried the soho sitebuilder, is it true that it requires IE and only runs on Windows? :eek:

Thanks for the update I-man. I certainly hope that the soho folks are compensating you on the back-end. Your effort is certainly going to be fattening their coffers in 3 to 6 months.

9. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

Soholaunch ADMIN requires Win and IE. I dont like it myself since I use Mac and Safari. But visitors can see the websites no matter what they use. Sorry, this was the best solution currently available and we faught to get a reasonable price.

kosmo

#9 kosmo, Oct 28, 2004
  10. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Every one of my customers that I have shown SOHO to love it. I think this is a great setup albiet a few quirks that I think they'll fix up at some point soon. (I hope)

I'll be keeping this one. Thanks kosmo

11. casey

casey Well-Known Member

I sent them an e-mail asking whether the user interface is available in other languages but never got a response. Does anyone know if it is?

12. gorilla

Come on, kosmo, if you dont like something why do you promote and sponsor it ? :eek:

13. gorilla

Let me be the devils advocate and wonder if this is how there support is going to be ?! :cool:

14. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

I do like Soholaunch a lot. I don't like the Win/IE combo limitation.

kosmo

15. gorilla

Does it work with firefox ?

16. SarcNBit

No. They are supposedly working on it.

It also does not work with phpsuexec. They are supposedly working on that too.

17. gorilla

SarcNBit , so what you think about this one then ?

I guess the issue with firefox and safari are not as important, as the target group, which would be choosing to use this sitebuilder, would be using IE anyway.
    Unfortunatly apart from the few flash demos there is not a live demo , so we cant really see how its really performing and how userfriendly it would be for a totally inexperienced enduser (as this is the actuall target group , isnt it ?) . Either way the lack of support for phpsuexec would be more worring for us , wouldnt it ? :)

Actually the other thing what has just pop up in my mind is ; that reading this and the other thread , it looks like their general tech and sales support is lacking big times as well :eek:

Kosmo : hope you dont take offence to my comments, but i guess its very important before one commits themself to include and market a new product , that this product and its follow up support is bullet proof . ;)

#17 gorilla, Oct 30, 2004
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2004
  18. bruceleeon

bruceleeon Active Member

Alright... I think I am a complete moron. Well, I know I am. I updated Fantastico and enabled the Soho*, but what now? I don't see anything anywhere about it...

X2 themes... do i need xcontroller or something?

19. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

You also need to go to the Fantastico Admin Panel -> Soholaunch Pro Settings and enable it there and also fill out the Partner Loging fields.

kosmo

20. bruceleeon

bruceleeon Active Member

ok, did all that.. still don't see anything. I entered the uname and pword i recieved from them...

??? I am confused.