The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fantastico De Luxe

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by Lestat, Jul 8, 2004.

1. Lestat

Lestat Well-Known Member

Fantastico De Luxe is now offered by Server Matrix. I have placed a call to add it to my web server and they said it is impossible to upgrade it requires a fresh OS install. They said I would lose all my websites and data. Me on one hand do not understand how that can be if you can purchase this package from http://netenberg.com/fantastico.php for $90US.

How can they sell something and not work unless it was a fresh OS install? Just makes no sense. Anyone else have any ideas or comments on this? Or any experiences?

2. Lestat

Lestat Well-Known Member

They told me that they wanted $25 to install it now. Now another tech at server matrix says It can be installed on the server for a fee of $25. Now from my understanding it is being offered as part of the cpanel that they are distrubuting. In there FAQ it is stated:

What do you mean by free upgrades and patches? Do you do these automatically?
    We will automatically install any upgrades and patches to your Operating System unless you opt-out.

Now shouldn't current customers recieve this upgrade free??? I just don't understand why I am going to be charged for it.

I am sure I can install my self but I am not sure if they would license it for me without more aggrevation.

Can someone shed some light on this for me.
    Thanks

3. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

You appear to be on the wrong forum, Server Matrix is that way ----> http://forums.servermatrix.com

If you do a search there you'll find a wealth of information on this very subject.

4. kris1351

kris1351 Well-Known Member

There is an install fee if you have them do it. You can install the application yourself and have them just license your server. Be careful how you word things as it sounds like you gave an incorrect impression of what you were attempting to accomplish.

5. fishfreek

fishfreek Well-Known Member

Fantastico and Cpanel are not classified as an OS. Therefor no you dont get FREE upgrades on those items by them. I fyou want cpanel upgraded you do it yourself. If you want them to install fantastico then you pay the install fee. Now you could always purchase a new server from them with newer hardware and move your sites over and have fantastico automaticly installed.

Or you could buy your own license and install it yourself.