The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fantastico Error After WHM, Cpanel, Perl upgrade

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by gcutrer, Apr 1, 2008.

1. gcutrer

gcutrer Member

in WHM, clicking on the Fantastico De Luxe WHM Admin link produces:

Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_fantastico.cgi: Please check /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log for the exact error.

On examining the logfile, the error appears as:

Can't locate Template.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/cpanel /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.10.0/i686-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/5.10.0 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/i686-linux /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0 .) at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Template.pm line 10.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Template.pm line 10.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DnsUtils.pm line 16.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DnsUtils.pm line 16.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/whmlib.pm line 7.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/whmlib.pm line 7.
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_fantastico.cgi line 8.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_fantastico.cgi line 8.
    Internal Error: "GET /cgi/addon_fantastico.cgi HTTP/1.1" Premature end of script headers: /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_fantastico.cgi: Please check /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log for the exact error.

so I read this as, the Fantastico script cannot find or its path doesn't have the perl module cpanel::template in it.

However, there is a cpanel::Template module file on the server at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/Template.pm

Whether it is installed or not I don't know. It doesn't show up in the list of installed modules for Perl.

I did recently upgrade perl to v. 5.10.0 by using the upgrade script in /scripts/ on the server.

When I upgraded I did not back up the list of perl modules installed; I let the script do what it does.

Grasping in the dark I tried installing the module using CPAN but could not find it. Tried installing it using the WHM perl module installer, same result.

I read the forum on netenburg and attempted to follow the instructions for a reinstall of Fantastico, but procedure stops when I can't find F* listed in the WHM AddOn Modules / Manage Plugins.

Help! :confused:

2. aboleth

aboleth Well-Known Member

I'm getting a similar error on a new fantastico install... any ideas here?

Can't locate YAML/Syck.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /usr/local/cpanel /usr/local/clib/perl5/5.10.0 /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/i686-linux /usr/local/lib
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DataStore.pm line
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ContactInfo.pm line 12
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/ContactInfo.pm lin
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/AcctInfo.pm line 11.
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/Whostmgr/AcctInfo.pm line
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/whmlib.p
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/whml
    Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addon_fa
    BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/cgi/addo
    Internal Error: "GET /cgi/addon_fantastico.cgi HTTP/1.1" Premature end of script check /usr/local/cpanel/logs/error_log for the exact error.

Perl version is 5.10.0

3. aboleth

aboleth Well-Known Member

This ended up being a perl issue. /scripts/checkperlmodules fixed it and now it's working correctly. Basically perl was missing several modules, or at the very least was unable to find their configurations. I still had some trouble with YAML, but I was able to install that seperately without a problem.

4. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
  5. isputra

isputra Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem and /scripts/checkperlmodules did not fix it. My perl already 5.8.8 :

Code:
    root@server [~]# perl -v

This is perl, v5.8.8 built for i386-linux-thread-multi

Anybody have the fix ?