Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SOLVED Fantastico F3 stopped updating

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by PCZero, Jan 18, 2018.

1. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

Recently I logged into WHM on my server and clicked through -plug ins-, -Fantastico F3-. There was a message that fantastico was out of date and a link to update. Clicking the link did NOT update Fantastico and in fact when looking at the "News" list I see that daily automated updates had not processed since 2018-01-12. Anyone else having issues with this?

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I recommend reaching out to their support team directly for assistance with their plugin.

Thank you.

3. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

I understand that avenue, I was merely reporting it since it was an error in the cpanel environment. It very easily could be an issue with cpanel and was hoping someone there might be able to tell me how to eliminate that as a possibility. Also was wanting to know if anyone else was having this issue and perhaps had not yet noticed it.

A simple THAK YOU FOR LETTING US KNOW would have been sufficient.

4. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

Michael I apologize for my curt retort. Just one of those days. I do appreciate your input.

5. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello @PCZero,

Not a problem! Generally, error messages or lack of functionality you encounter when accessing a plugin interface relate to an issue with the plugin itself as opposed to cPanel & WHM. The first course of action should be to contact the developer of the plugin to report the issue. That said, posting here is okay as well, as it's a good way to crowd source information from other forum users that may use the same plugin.

Thanks!

6. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

Hey Michael I tried contacting the Fantastico people but never heard anything back. I did see "update" and "fix" instructions relevant to cpanel on their site, but neither of these worked. Any suggestions on how to proceed at this point? I'd really like to get things back to where the nightly updates are run via cron successfully. Can you look at a couple of the boxes you might have to see if there is anything abnormal going on and let me know? Is there a point at which I should go ahead and open a ticket about this even though it is a 3rd party plug in? Thanks...

7. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Can you verify if the cPanel updates are succeeding, or if it's just the Fantastico update that's not working?

Thank you.

8. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

Thanks for the continued follow ups Michael. FINALLY I got a response form the Fantastico team. We have run several tests and it appears that everything in their realm is 100% up to date and current. However the out of date message still appears (this is only a Fantastico update issue to answer your question, WHM seems just fine.) Anyway I am proceeding with them trying to debug this. I will post any relevant info here and keep you apprised.

As far as I can tell there seems to have been a two fold issue.

1) the Fantastico cron job for daily updates was not running (ergo the News section was not current)
    2) Something is causing Fantastico within WHM to flag as out of date when it is not.

I am sure we will track it down it may just be one of those issues that takes a bit of leg work. Additional info will eb posted as it becomes available!

Thank you again...

9. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

Michael I have an update...

After working with the Fantastico staff they determined that there is an empty line in the output of the version information AJAX call which is the cause of the problem. Their question was asking if I had any programs that intercept and rewrite HTTP requests on the server. I have no idea in hell what programs would/might do that. Screen shot is attached below.

Do you have any input that might be helpful?

cpanel.jpg

10. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

cPanel doesn't filter outgoing HTTP requests by default, but you may want to verify if the issue persists when temporarily disabling your server's firewall rules.

Thank you.

11. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

I disabled CSF and there was no change. :( Still waiting to hear back form the Fantastico people. It appears that there is valid issue with out of date, just an invalid error message is being generated.

12. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

Michael an update.... For some reason now when I go into plugins - fantastic f3 all i get is a blank white screen. I have no idea in hell what is going on. I have tried disabling CSF and seeing if there was any impact, there was none. Security Advisor finds no issues (other than that terrible annoying and irritating nags warning about KernelCare [could you please remove that? Security issues are one thing but a nagging sales pitch is quite another, but I digress]. Anyway something is amiss with fantastico on my box.

13. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

Michael I have been seeing the following line in my nightly /etc/chkrootkit-0.50/chkrootkit output...

Searching for suspect PHP files... head: cannot open `/var/tmp/30179._USR_LOCAL_CPANEL_BIN_BACKUP__.nbI_S6tm.tmp' for reading: No such file or directory
    nothing found

Could this be related at all and what is it indicating?

14. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I don't believe it's related, but feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature and we can take a closer look. Post the ticket number here and we will update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.

15. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

Michael this is REALLY starting to get frustrating. I do very much appreciate your help. Let me give you some updates and maybe you can suggest here I can go from here.

The chrootkit error message is bizarre. It appears that each day the filename that cannot be found changes.
    01/28: /var/tmp/30179._USR_LOCAL_CPANEL_BIN_BACKUP__.nbI_S6tm.tmp
    01/29: /var/tmp/24034._USR_LOCAL_CPANEL_BIN_BACKUP__.4kXliG_.tmp

The blank screen being displayed at -Plugins / fantastic- is still occurring.

Two side issues (may or may not be related). The fantastico errors began RIGHT AFTER there was a problem with the box. The server would not come back on line after a reboot and SoftLayer had to put my drive in a new chassis to get me back on line. I had recently gone into Service Manager disabled (and subsequently re-enabled) cpanel-dovecot-solr.

Netenberg is trying to figure out what is happening but they swear it is NOT a fantastico issue.

Will it go round in circles!!!

16. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

Michael we have resolved the issue with Fantastico! :)

The file

/var/netenberg/fantastico_f3/sources/vendors/Netenberg/Script/MyT.php

was corrupt. Simply deleting that file and recreating it fixed everything.

cPanelMichael likes this.
  17. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

I'm glad to see the issue was solved. Thank you for sharing the outcome. Feel free to open a separate thread if you have questions about any of the additional issues you referenced.

Thanks!

18. PCZero

PCZero Well-Known Member

Michael I know this is a resolution to the 2nd issue in this thread but I do know what was throwing the chrootkit error.

It seems that my server back up and the chrootkit jobs were being run at the same time in cron and that was causing the file not found error. I changes the chrootkit time to run two hours after backup and the erroe no longer appears.

cPanelMichael likes this.