The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fantastico install issue

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by exodux, Oct 13, 2004.

1. exodux

exodux Well-Known Member

Just installed Fantastico onto my server and all went well to the looks of things.
    However, I've only come across 2 problems.

1) When going to the /cpanel directory on the site and clicking on the "Fantastico" Link in the control panel, I get the following error -

PHP script /tmp/cpanel.fantast.1097710577.23398 is protected by SourceGuardian and requires file ixed.lin.4.3.9.pxp.
    Please read SourceGuardian protected scripts manual.

2) When going to the admin area of Fantastico, I get the following error -

PHP script /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/fantastico/includes/enc_restrictions.inc.php is protected by SourceGuardian and requires file ixed.lin.4.3.9.pxp.
    Please read SourceGuardian protected scripts manual.

I've downloaded and placed the ixed files into /home/fantast/public_html/ixed/ directory. It however tells me to place it in each user directory, which I dont think should be right considering it would be using their storage space and this also should not be viewable by the client in anyway.

Just wondering if anyone could please provide me any steps or help me on fixing this so fantastico can be properly viewable on my server for myself and my clients.

Thanks!

2. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

This is something that should be addressed to the Netenberg forums. There are several threads and an FAQ regarding this issue.

It certainly does not need to be crossposted on this forum (you really should delete that xposting).

I am curious to know what cPanel version you are running.

3. exodux

exodux Well-Known Member

It's also better to post in here as well as others may come across this problem and with them using cPanel, this would probably be their first site they would visit to help them fix the problem i'm also having.

4. exodux

exodux Well-Known Member

5. CheshireCat

CheshireCat Registered

I agree. Why people want to silence you because they don't agree with what you're posting is not only rude but selfish. if you don't like or agree with his question, don't read it, don't respond to it - move on with your mundane life so his question can help others.

but back to the matter at hand:

I have had a simular problem before as well and didn't even know about the Netenberg Forums. After searching several places, all of which told me that I hadn't alotted enough space to fantastico - I gave it a gig - that was not the problem at all.

While my problem was a little different, it was an error message about it being password protected - it was fixed by resetting my MySQL password. I hope that might help you in your issue.

6. SarcNBit

SarcNBit Well-Known Member

First of all, welcome to these forums.

Secondly, it has nothing to do with a mundane life or selfishness (which BTW is a rude assumption).

It is rude to post to forums (any forum) without bothering to run a search to see if your issue has been addressed before. It is rude to crosspost your question in multiple forums on the same board. It is also rude to post off-topic queries on product support forums.

The last of those behaviors can be forgiven seeing how Fantastico as an add-on to cPanel is somewhat related to cPanel. There is no excuse for the other two. Even if you do not know who supplies the software that runs on your server and do not want to bother looking them up and posting your query in the most appropriate venue, that leaves you no reason to create yet another redundant thread on this board. This is an active forum, and the last thing that people who contribute to it on a regular basis want to do is weed through redundant threads.

I am sorry that you did not recieve proper support at whatever forum it was that you went looking for answers on. Be advised however that if you make it a habit to forgo searches and crosspost, than you will be lucky to recieve any support at all.

BTW, I did not just criticize exodux for crossposting and posting in the wrong venue, I also pointing them in the right direction to find the answer they were looking for.

7. exodux

exodux Well-Known Member

I was just making a statement on my behalf that I posted on here requesting for the information that I required as Fantastico is linked to cPanel and would of thought that those who have a fair bit of experience with cPanel & Fantastico would be able to help out.

It's thanks to SarcNBit that provided me the link to that external forum as I found what I required on there to fix my issue which I therefore posted the link on this thread to the thread of the external forum that helped me for anyone that may require the same help that I found in the future.

Forums are about discussions, helping one another and making things better. It's not about who is better then others or putting others down, etc.
    Linux is a open-source project, allowing people to contribute there bit to the operating system unlike with Windows.

Thats my 2cents for the day :)