The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fantastico v2 released (and SPECIAL for the next 48 hours)

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by kosmo, Apr 23, 2003.

1. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

Fantastico v2.0 is released.

(if you don't know what Fantastico is, please visit http://cpanelthemes.com/fantastico.php)

You can now use a sophisticated admin panel to:
    - wget the latest master tarball
    - wget the latest single application tarball
    - enable or disable any specific applications
    - enable or disable Fantastico (this will just inform the end -user that Fantastico is currently disabled)

- You may restrict usage to specific resellers' accounts or exclude specific resellers' accounts from using Fantastico.

- You may restrict usage to specific hosting plans or exclude specific hosting plans from using Fantastico.

- You may add users to a prohibit list (no matter if other reseller or plan conditions are met) or you may enable specific users no matter if other restrictions apply

(all 3 limitations methods can be used either or. You can't use both enabled and disabled users for example)

- You can enable or disable PHPsuexec (which will chmod all files to 600 or restore original permissions).

- You can define a remote MySQL host

- And last but not least you can update the core fantastico files using fantastico admin panel itself.

Although the most important features are the administrative ones, the end user experience is also enhanced:
    - multiple installations of any given application
    - selection of target directory name
    - selection of admin username for each application
    Security enhancements include random password generation for mysql database access, avoiding link to external support forums when the current page contains mysql password in the URL (to avoid passing it throu in the Referrer - the GET method doesn't work within cpanel).

Test admin area:
    http://xdemo99.cpanelthemes.com/menu

username xdemo99
    password xdemo99

Test end user interface:
    http://fantastico.cpanelthemes.com/menu

username fantast
    password fantast

SPECIAL JUST FOR 48 HOURS from now: ALL PRODUCTS GREATLY REDUCED (base license only)

Buy here:
    http://cpanelthemes.com/shop

kosmo

2. mko

mko Member

Great,

just a short question, i heard this will be available for free for all RS Customers.
    Is this true ? - I'm running out of money :)

Thanks for answering my question.

3. TeaParty

TeaParty Member

Bug report

When you click to use Fantastico you can't easily get back to xcontroller - the xcontroller icons aren' available at the top.

RS customers don't get it for free - Headsurfer is absorbing the cost, coming May1, yippeee!

4. mko

mko Member

Sorry, can you please explain what you mean?
    I'm foolish german :)

5. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

Quick answers:

You can't get back to xcontroller if you are in the admin panel, you must first go back to Fantastico user's menu and there you will see all icons.

RS clients: Please ask at RackShack. Although the deal is made, their support doesn't seem to know about it (as I have read in their forums). Please ask there when and if it will be available.

kosmo

6. mko

mko Member

Asking Support is a useless feature :)

Hm, do you send out an invoice as I need it for my company?
    They don't accept the paypal printout.
    I would need any kind of invoce.

Thanks.

PS. is there no spamassassin whitelist editor in xcontroller?

#6 mko, Apr 23, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2003
  7. moronhead

moronhead Well-Known Member

kosmo,

It might be useful to add a note to the fantastico main entry screen for the user, that during the install he could safely skip the boxes that request information directly related to the operation of the program. For example, RTS email address or RTS Customer Authentification for PHP-Project (these terms can be confusing to a new-comer).

As the optional config bits could be organized later from the program's admin screen.

I would suggest something on the lines of required boxes (*) and those that are optional at the install stage.

#7 moronhead, Apr 24, 2003
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2003
  8. kosmo

kosmo Well-Known Member

You can printout the invoice at the shop URL. I think it is accepted by Finanzamt.

Spamassassin: Never noticed this feature. I don't use the original skins ;) and if I won't get notified by the customers, I might never know of a new feature, LOL.

kosmo