The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FastCGI

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dgitman, Aug 23, 2003.

1. dgitman

dgitman Member

I'm trying to Install FastCGI for RT. I've installed the Perl module. Seems that RT wants the FastCGI apache module. Will cpanel brake if I compile it? Will FastCGI brake during apache upgrades? What method of compiling is the best? APACI, manual, DSO?

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. ciphervendor

ciphervendor Well-Known Member

I would say if you want a custom apache compile you should never use buildapache again. buildapache will always overwrite anything you've done and it's more for people who don't want to deal with actual server maintenance/configuration, etc.

I would suggest your own Apache/PHP compile from source (keeping the apache config where cPanel likes it) and go from there. If you want to use a good tool for compiling apache, etc. download Apache Tool Box from apachetoolbox.com

For fastcgi you should either compile it in statically or as a DSO. I'm not sure which will give you better performance, but people seem to like going the DSO route.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: