Fatal Error when trying to edit Contact

parisi

Nov 6, 2006
I am migrating to a new server and succesfully copied all the accounts over. I was updating all of the contacts via the WHM List Accounts interface. All but two worked perfectly.

Two of them had the following error when I clicked the Save Email button:

[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]The contact email has been changed to [email protected].

Any ideas? I did check the directory and the .contactemail file was 0 bytes and the contactinfo file in .cpanel folder was also 0 bytes. I copied files from an account that works and still have the same issue. I also checked the ownership and rights and they seem to be appropriate.

Additionally, my List Accounts display has

<div id

where the email should be for the two problem accounts!

Thanks in advance!
Paul.

Attachments

cPanelCory

Release Manager - EasyApache
Staff member
Jan 18, 2008
Houston
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
What version of WHM/cPanel are you using?

parisi

Nov 6, 2006
Version

WHM 11.15.0 cPanel 11.18.6-R24255, CENTOS Enterprise 5 i686 on standard - WHM X v3.1.0

n3tph4t

Jan 31, 2004
I am migrating to a new server and succesfully copied all the accounts over. I was updating all of the contacts via the WHM List Accounts interface. All but two worked perfectly.

Two of them had the following error when I clicked the Save Email button:

[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]The contact email has been changed to [email protected].

Any ideas? I did check the directory and the .contactemail file was 0 bytes and the contactinfo file in .cpanel folder was also 0 bytes. I copied files from an account that works and still have the same issue. I also checked the ownership and rights and they seem to be appropriate.

Additionally, my List Accounts display has

<div id

where the email should be for the two problem accounts!

Thanks in advance!
Paul.
I have it too for one account. I'm not logged in at the moment, I'll post some more specific details later.

soif

Jun 7, 2003
Paris
I've got exactly the same problem here.

I guess this happened when I changed an email using the "auto suggest popup" (from Safari)

Did someone found a solution to fix accounts having a bogus contact email ?

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
I've got exactly the same problem here.

I guess this happened when I changed an email using the "auto suggest popup" (from Safari)

Did someone found a solution to fix accounts having a bogus contact email ?
Could you provide an example of a bogus contact email?

soif

Jun 7, 2003
Paris
Hi kenneth

Thanks for your reply.

After my post i just upgraded to WHM 11.24.2. and this fixed the issue:

I tried to change the contact email that was showing "<div id", and got the
"[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]The contact email has been changed to [email protected]. " message.

But this time, the contact email has been successfully updated. :cool:

Thank you cPanel team! :p

cPanelKenneth

cPanel Development
Staff member
Apr 7, 2006
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi kenneth

Thanks for your reply.

After my post i just upgraded to WHM 11.24.2. and this fixed the issue:

I tried to change the contact email that was showing "<div id", and got the
"[a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive]The contact email has been changed to [email protected]. " message.

But this time, the contact email has been successfully updated. :cool:

Thank you cPanel team! :p
I am glad it is sorted for you. If anyone is still able to duplicate this behavior in 11.24 I would be most interested in sample data for testing purposes. Thank you.

servmap

Apr 24, 2006
Already running cPanel 11.24.4-R32603 - WHM 11.24.2 - X 3.9, the problem persist. Clicking on the error message (a fatal error...) gave me this

Code:
Can't use an undefined value as an ARRAY reference at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.6.2/x86_64-linux/YAML/Syck.pm line 72.
	YAML::Syck::Load(undef) called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DataStore.pm line 66
	eval {...} called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DataStore.pm line 48
	Cpanel::DataStore::load_ref('/home/--username--/.cpanel/contactinfo', 'HASH(0x47f6210)') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/DataStore.pm line 36
	Cpanel::DataStore::fetch_ref('/home/--username--/.cpanel/contactinfo') called at /usr/local/cpanel/Cpanel/CustInfo/Save.pm line 43
	Cpanel::CustInfo::Save::_savecontactinfo('/home/--username--', 1, 'email', '[email protected]') called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr2.pl line 11999
	main::dochangeemail() called at whostmgr/bin/whostmgr2.pl line 792
(I changed the --username-- and [email protected] part)

installing YAML::Loader:: Syck doesn't help

Please advice