The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fatal! Ignore any messages of success this can only result in failure!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mistervlad, Oct 7, 2008.

1. mistervlad

mistervlad Member

Fatal! Write Failure: /etc/valiases/mydomain.com. Ignore any messages of success this can only result in failure!

Not sure what that means, but apparently i shouldn't ignore it.

history:
    i have a cpanel server. the domain set up on it is, mydomain.ca
    i have mydomain.com as a parked domain on that server.

i get a new cpanel server. the domain is set up with mydomain.com
    i configure it, and all is good.
    I transfer all my acocunts to the new server, good :)
    the last thing i do, is transfer mydomain.ca to my new server. bad.

my dns stopped working... i didn't notice for about 20 hours now. not sure if all stopped or just a few domains.

I can't unpark mydomain.ca from mydomain.com becuase mydomain.ca is now thinking it is the primary domain. so i take the plunge, and say to hell with it, and delete the acocunt mydomain.ca (they both had their separate accounts names too, and i couldn't unlink through cpanel or whm)

the thing is, mydomain.com is removed from the dns server now... so i go to add it... and i can't add it becuase it is already there, yet i can't edit it, becuase it doesn't exist... CRAP. so i do a few things, and i got it back...

then i setup mydomain.ca as a parked domain on mydomain.com so all should be good, right?

when i go into the email accounts, i create a new one, but above that box, is where that message appears. i go to find that file via ssh, and it doesn't exist. mydomain.ca exists, but not mydomain.com

i am so lost, and i am so nervous that something is still not right, and there are a few issues i am dealing with, but i am not sure it is becuase the dns hasn't resolved again, or it is soething else.

what i really want to know is, what should I do about that warning?