The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite Skin/Theme for CPanel

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by pubwvj, Dec 28, 2004.

?

Which of these skins do you like best? (why in msg)

1. Maroon

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  2. X

16 vote(s)
    34.8%
  3. X2

12 vote(s)
    26.1%
  4. BlueLagoon

6 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. RV

11 vote(s)
    23.9%
  1. pubwvj

pubwvj Active Member

I'm googling and reading about the various themes/skins for CPanel and trying out all the ones on my accounts.

What I want is one that will let me do everything I am allowed to do on our server as a reseller. I do not need graphics/icons if that is going to slow the load times - speed is more important so I can quickly do what I need to do. I do need stability - a skin that works. A grammatically correct and spell corrected would be nice :) but not entirely necessary - nice because then there is less confusion on what functions do. At this time I am not reselling, just making web sites for myself that I administer myself.

Since I'm going to be rebuilding all of my accounts now is the time to change. Suggestions and comments welcome. The skins our host provides built in are Maroon, X, X2, BlueLagoon and RV and I'm limiting my choices to those since I don't want to install something extra and maintain it.

2. HH-Steven

HH-Steven Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I actually use a version of X that i modified slightly to give me direct access to my other scripts, i.e support desk, billing etc, still a work in progress but getting there.

Also offer clients a modified version of x that allows them access to there support and billing account aswell as other things.

[​IMG]

Interesting idea, might make this my next project, i can see how much easier it would be to have the most frequently used server tools directly on your cpanel instead of having to go via whm.

Curious as to if there would be any security issues regarding it, but i cant see how if admin would be the only people with access to that skin.

3. xion

xion Active Member

I personally don't like any of those themes listed. iCandy is really good looking, but might be too graphicy for your taste. Same with Cpanel XP 2004. :cool:

4. xion

xion Active Member

CpanelXP2004 also has billing system integration with MB, Clientexec, whmap, and a few others i think. Its encoded though, so you can't customize it too much.

5. fusioncroc

fusioncroc Well-Known Member

i made my own which i based on xlaggoon with some extras

6. LP-Trel

LP-Trel Well-Known Member

My favorite is LifelessX 0.3 or Bluelagoon2. :cool: (Custom Skins)

7. TitaniumHosting

TitaniumHosting Well-Known Member

X2 for me. Easy to use and understand. Of course I am Irish so we like everything to be easy. :D