The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Favorite WHM pages / most used pages or Customize menu order

Discussion in 'User Experience' started by postcd, May 27, 2014.

1. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

Hello,

im quite missing this feature. The WHM menu is long and im mostly using only like 5 menu items. Its hard to navigate and would be good if i can anyhow separate/add shortcuts to the top these 5 most used.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. postcd

postcd Well-Known Member

I dont have time for that. Is just idea i wanted to share and be talked on.

4. Shavaun

Shavaun Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There is currently no built in functionality to do what you are looking for. This is why a feature request would be the best thing to do if you want the feature. A quick Google search brought up several addons/additional software that appear to potentially do what you are describing, so you might find what you are looking for there. Keep in mind that we don't support third party software.

Just as a note, I personally use the search feature (directly above the menu on the left) in WHM to quickly access features. Have you encountered issues with it, or is it just not your preference? You can enter the name of a feature, or a keyword, and it filters the list for you.

Also, opening a feature request should not take very long. Is there any particular step in the process you are having difficulty with? You should just be prompted to enter the feature title (for example, "Most frequently used feature section in WHM") and the description ("As a server admin I'd like to be able to quickly access my most frequently used features in WHM. A customizable, or automatically generated section in WHM with the icons that I use most frequently would save me time."), select a category, and that's it. It takes about as much time as a forum post (and still allows others to comment), with some added benefits.

cPanel Feature Requests

5. dto123

dto123 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I'm not sure if a feature request was submitted for this one, but I agree that it would be very handy if the ability to add shortcuts or favorites natively supported.

6. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    That really is, the best way to go here. The search tool has become very valuable to me over time. Mostly, the side menu is always fully collapsed here. If I can't recall the specific area, I know at least one word of what I'm looking for and can find it with a quick search query.
    plugin
    mail
    account

Are all are very good searches that get me there, fast.