The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FC2 kernel bug?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Secret Agent, Apr 1, 2005.

1. Secret Agent

Secret Agent Guest

Server crashed twice on my FC2 / cpanel box and tech at the dc said this:

Other servers have been having this same problem with the recent Fedora packaged kernels. It's apparently a bug in some data-structure handling code. The only solution I've found so far is to boot to a 2.6.9 kernel instead of the Fedora 2.6.10 kernels. It's not a hardware problem, as we've seen several customer systems exhibit similar behavior when running Fedora's 2.6.10 kernel.

Anyone know how to correct this?

I have this in /boot:

Thank you.
  2. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2001
    Tough luck mate. You've chosen to use a distribution that is clearly not meant for production purposes, you'll have to live with what you've got, or pick an stable OS. If you're using fedora core, your either super ignorant, or looking for a mighty challenge. Stability is NOT the goal of Fedora, its a test bed for the Enterprise redhat OS. You can probably avoid many of the kernel problems by rolling your own from source. That way you won't have to reboot your box every other day when fedora release a kernel.

By the way, the fedora project will be handing fedora core off to fedora legacy very very soon.

Grab the latest vanilla source: