The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

fcgid conf file location

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by AngelNo3, Dec 17, 2012.

1. AngelNo3

AngelNo3 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I am trying to set up fcgi (FastCGI) on my VPS. I'm new to this, so have been reading up. Many websites refer to the fcgi configuration file at /etc/apache2/conf.d/php-fcgid.conf. It appears cPanel systems don't use the /etc/apache2 folder, but instead use /usr/local/apache. However, there is no /conf.d subfolder there. What I'm wondering is, is it a correct assumption that /usr/local/apache/conf/php.conf is equivalent to /etc/apache2/conf.d/php-fcgid.conf? The php.conf file seems to contain similar directives to what is recommended for the php-fcgid.conf file.

About 5+ years ago, another user posted this question (essentially) to another thread: http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/apache-conf-d-directory-missing-help-77043.html ... but he never received a response.

If anyone could enlighten me, I'd appreciate it!

2. AngelNo3

AngelNo3 Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    In reflection, I think I should have split that question into two parts:

First, is it true that on cPanel systems /usr/local/apache/conf//etc/apache2/conf.d/ on other Linux systems?

Second, is it true that on cPanel systems php.conf (when fcgi is enabled) ≈ php-fcgid.conf on other Linux systems?

3. avibodha

avibodha Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    yes and yes as far as I can tell. there's also the fcgi wrapper at /usr/local/cpanel/cgi-sys/php5, you can see this in php.conf.