Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

fd_setsize 1024 on freebsd

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jpabboud, Nov 27, 2003.

1. jpabboud

jpabboud Member

I've been having problems with CGI scripts showing a blank page, I know it has something to do with fd_setsize being limited to 1024 (at least thats what the logs say) and an easyapache and option 6 fd_setsize=16384 or whatever isn't fixing anything. I also tried adding these line to /etc/sysctl.conf

kern.maxfiles=65536 # System-wide limit
    kern.maxfilesperproc=32768 # Per-process limit

I noticed after doing these modifications apache is crashing less often but it still is.. I constantly need to reboot (every 8 hours or so, but its random so it could last 6hours or 10 hours). If anyone has a solution to this problem please contact me, my customers are mad because CGI goes down pretty often.

Thanks in advance,

Jean-Pierre

2. BenThomas

BenThomas Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
  3. ret

ret Active Member

FD_SETSIZE is not set in usr/include/sys/types.h in FreeBSD 5. It is in usr/include/sys/select.h however changing it to a higher value and recompiling apache does not not solve the issue.

Any Idea where to change the FD_SETSIZE in FREEBSD 5?