The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Featrure Lists & WHM

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by StarbuckII, Mar 7, 2012.

1. StarbuckII

StarbuckII Member

I tried to post on the oringinal thread but it wouldn't let me. Here is the original thread. Is this position still accurate?

http://forums.cpanel.net/f5/feature-manager-whm-132553.html

Does checking the feature make is available or deactivate it? Trying to figure out why if these are so dangerous does cPanel make them active by default? I got an email from cPanel support person YESTERDAY stating let every user have the default features.

Why the disconnect?

On the default list is checking it enabling it or disabling it?
    Same for disable list. Does a check mean that its disabled or enabled?
    Thx.

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Check a Feature and then save at bottom of page, enables it.

That list in the older thread you link to is surely still helpful. This sort of thing is up to the Server Administrator to decide on whats best for you and your users. You can leave them all enabled if you wish of course. Disabling some of them as I mention in that old thread is advised from my own personal experience and preferences. You can leave them all enabled, take a look, and decide what you want or don't. You'll have to do some homework to decide which ones are for you, which ones are safe and so on.

I can't comment on the message you got yesterday, I can only tell you what works for me personally and I've been here since 2003, that list of disabled items is still a good list to start from either way.