MindServer

Mar 18, 2020
Spain
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi,

By default WHM/cPanel enable some tools (Feature Manager), but not appear in final client cPanel. I will list you him here:

-cPanel Market
-Forwarder Manager
-PostgreSQL (if i disable him i will have any problem with wordpress databases? i will have problems with performance or other cPanel functions?, not appear in client homepage cPanel)
-Ruby on rails (i finded this in google but not appear in client homepage cPanel and i don't know if i can disable him)
-Theme Switching
-Two-Factor Authentication Google Authenticator (i know what is this but not appear in client homepage cPanel)
-Directory selection popup
-PhpPgAdmin
-Raw Access Logs
-RubyGems

What do this tools and why not appear in client homepage cPanel?.
Can i disable him? or are critical functions?. My clients only have simple WordPress.

Thank you very much.

Last edited:

ZenHostingTravis

PartnerNOC
May 22, 2020
Australia
cPanel Access Level
Root Administrator
Hi MindServer,

You have to check whether the package(s) you created are using the Features List with all of the features enabled that you mentioned.

Out of all the features, I'm not sure I'd disable the Raw Accdess Logs.

Hope that helps!

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

To clarify you're asking how to disable these which aren't even on the client's page?

-Two-Factor Authentication Google Authenticator (i know what is this but not appear in client homepage cPanel)
-Ruby on rails (i finded this in google but not appear in client homepage cPanel and i don't know if i can disable him)
Ruby won't show up unless you've installed it and Two factor authentication does not show up unless you've enabled it at WHM>>Security Center>>Two Factor Authentication

-cPanel Market
This is disabled by disabling the cPanel store at WHM>>Market>>Market Provider Manager

-PostgreSQL (if i disable him i will have any problem with wordpress databases? i will have problems with performance or other cPanel functions?, not appear in client homepage cPanel)
-PhpPgAdmin
I kept these two together since they're related - you can disable both of this without issue if you're using MySQL MariaDB - I'd hope you'd be aware if you were using PostgreSQL since it has to be manually installed

-Forwarder Manager
-Directory selection popup
-Raw Access Logs
-RubyGems
-Theme Switching
All of these are basic features which are able to be easily disabled by disabling them in the feature manager for the feature list at WHM>>Feature Manager>>Edit Feature List, Although I would second @ZenHosting's suggestion of not disabling the logs, removing your user's ability to check their own logs may be troublesome. We can't tell you if disabling these will cause issues as we're unaware of what your users are using, though in most cases with the exceptions that have been noted most of this shouldn't cause an issue.