The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feature Manager

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rbmatt, May 22, 2003.

1. rbmatt

rbmatt Well-Known Member

Please- everyone try the new feature manager and post your experiences here.
    If you dont know what this is- update to build 12 or later and look under packages in WHM.
    Thanks!

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. beekeeper

beekeeper Active Member

This might be a dopey question but where do you check the build number?

I use WHM 6.4.2 and cannot see any feature manager under themes nor packages. :confused:

3. howard

howard Well-Known Member

in whm its the number after E/R/S e.g. in my case in whm it displays

WHM 6.4.2
    Cpanel 6.4.2-E19
    RedHat 7.3

It would mean that i am using edge build 19 (yours may display R16 or S6 respectively) I am not totally sure weather its in the release/stable builds and you will need to be using one of the default whm themes (e.g. blue) as i don't think its in the custom ones yet

4. beekeeper

beekeeper Active Member

More hand holding please.

I upgraded from R5 to R16 and now I can see a dropdown for features list in the package editor.

Where do you configure the features?

OK when all else fails read the instructions. I couldn't see it because I was using the X-skins theme.

This is great.

I suggest you add the following:

- in WHM/Feature Manager break the list of features into sections which correspond to the cpanel sections to improve the usability

- in CPanel if there are no features available for a section then do not show the section banner ie Databases.

#4 beekeeper, May 23, 2003
    Last edited: May 23, 2003
  5. rbmatt

rbmatt Well-Known Member

Typo: Netowrk Tools

6. jackal

jackal Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

When will this work with xskin?

7. howard

howard Well-Known Member

dunno when it would work with the cpanel xskin however for the whm xskin you can edit /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/docroot/themes/Xskin/command
    and dump the following line somewhere in it (the default ones have it with packages)

(this is a near cutnpaste job which i did so you can customize it to your preference as longs as it references /scripts2/featuremanager)

For the typo you could edit /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/features or wait for nick/darkob to do it

Finally i would agree with beekeeper that it does look rather odd having section headings w/nothing underneath them and it does make it rather obvious that you are hiding something :)

[edit i meant as long as it referenced /scripts2/featuremanager not /scripts/featuremanager altered above to reflect that]

#7 howard, May 23, 2003
    Last edited: May 23, 2003
  8. rbmatt

rbmatt Well-Known Member

You can add the whole section as a feature in /usr/local/cpanel/whostmgr/features and put the whole section within <cpanel feature=databases> or whatever. I think cpanel can handle nested tags like that...

9. Website Rob

Website Rob Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Although I have yet to create a custom list, having the 'default' show the listing in Alphabetical order would be a nice touch.

10. howard111

howard111 Member

Having Trouble With Features List

I cannot access "Features List' in WHManager. Accoring to the instructions in my version 6.4.2 is says that it only functions with the bluelagoon theme. This theme does not show up in WHM as a potential upload. Bluelagoon only appears as an option for "Account Set-up". The only themes that I can slect are as follows:

black - blue - bluetree - orange - purple - Xskin

As such, I cannot access the features list under packages.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Howard

11. casey

casey Well-Known Member

Pick one of the colored themes. Bluelagoon is a cPanel theme, not a WHM theme. The feature manager is located in WHM, and you have to use one of the standard WHM themes to see it. The only cPanel theme that the feature manager will work with is Bluelagoon. The feature manager will be added to the XSkin WHM theme soon, I'm sure.

12. howard111

howard111 Member

PICKING COLORED THEME DOES NOT WORK

I DID PICK A COLORED THEME, WHICH DOES TAKE YOU TO FEATURE MANAGER, WHERE THERE IS THIS MESSAGE:

This feature is still being tested, feel free to avoid using it.

The feature manager allows you to disable/enable features inside of each users cPanel. Currently only the bluelagoon theme supports this feature, however the default and iconic themes will support it shortly. At the current time this feature only removes the links to each feature from the menu; Soon it will block manual access of each feature as well (once this feature has left the testing stage). A special feature list called "default" is included that will affect all users. If you disable a feature in the default theme it will be disabled in every users cPanel, unless another feature list grants them the feature. Once you build a feature list you should edit a package and assign the feature list to the pacakge.

STILL DOES NOT LET YOU SELECT FEATURES.

HOWARD

13. howard111

howard111 Member

PROBLEM WITH DISK SPACE USAGE REPORTS

When I clicked on quota modification in WHM I noted that
    the disk space usage for many accounts had quadrupled and more. Sites that were using less than one meg of space were reporting 4-5 meg, and one site that was using 600 meg reported as 1900 meg.

I suspected that this was due to my configuring the back up feature a few days back. I set it up to back up on weekdays, and only on Sunday.

On sunday (yesterday) I checked the server and noted that a files was generated in my backup directory called "cpbackup".

In the cpbackup file there were two separate directories...one named weekly and one named monthly. Thus, though I set up the backup for Sunday only...it generated a weekly and a monthly directory and copies all home and other files into each directory.

I deleted all backups, and noted that quota modification was reporting the disk space use properly.

So...the problem with disk space reporting seems to have a direct tie to the backup process.

How can I make backups using WHM without having the disk space erroneously reported. This is a major problem as it will result in domains exceeding their space allocation and being unable to add mailboxes, upload files etc.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Howard