The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Feature Request] 2 requests about resellers and bandwidth

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saeed, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Saeed

Saeed Active Member

Hi,

I would like to make a couple of requests and I would also like to know fellow WHM/CPanel users opinion on these...

Request #1:

In WHM you have an option to send bandwidth limit notification emails to the account owners in addition to root, but some resellers don´t want their users to get those emails. So we have that option disabled and we manually email the resellers when one of their users´accounts is about to exceed their bandwidth. I would like an option where I can have these emails sent to the resellers instead of the actual end users. So, bandwidth notification emails would go to resellers and root only.

Request #2:

When a reseller´s sub-account exceed its bandwidth the site gets suspended and when the resellers upgrade to a bigger package or unsuspend the site it doesn´t come back online. The only way I´ve figured out that works is if root modifies the account´s bandwidth limit. I would like the site to get unsuspended right away when it's upgraded to a bigger package.

Please let me know what you guys think and/or any of these features already exist and I have missed it.

Thank you.

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number:

2. pats

pats Well-Known Member

Request #3:

In the Reseller Center -> View Reseller Usage/Stats, it should also have a link to show previous months Usage/Stats at least.

As of now, it shows for the current month only, but you may need to send all info to your Reseller in the end but it just vanishes at the start of next month.

3. Saeed

Saeed Active Member

Request #4

It would be cool if we could customize the email that is sent to the resellers and users as well.

4. cass

cass Well-Known Member

We need resellers being able to UNSUSPEND the accounts.

This is a big issue, I need to do "unsuspend all bandwidth exeders" when any reseller want to unsuspend a site.
    If you change the plan, it will NOT UNSUSPEND the site ... WHY NOT ??

This is a BUG!

5. mpierre

mpierre Well-Known Member

I had posted this as a bug, and 23 DAYS later got the following reply :

Problem is, "unsuspend Bandwidth Exceeders" unsuspend ALL accounts, not just those I want to unsuspend...

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: 19535

6. cass

cass Well-Known Member

Damn ... this IS A BUG.

why ?
    Cause RESELLERS, CAN'T UNSUSPEND AN ACCOUNT.

So, why a reseller will need to ask me when they need to unsuspend an account ...
    Just Imagine if you have 10... 30 ... 100 resellers...
    they could have 1000's of ungry clients if they cant unsuspend accounts inmediatly when the client pays for the extra bw or so ...

Also... most times you dont want to unsuspend ALL the exeders... usually you want to do it one by one when they pay if they pay ...

dunno, something is not good with this suspend/unsuspend thing.

Regards.