The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[FEATURE REQUEST] Backup server files

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by hicom, Jul 25, 2003.

1. hicom

hicom Well-Known Member

May 23, 2003
    I'm aware cPanel has a roll-over feature for httpd and other file. However, its very limited and helpless.

I once done a re-installation of FreeBSD on a machine running cPanel. Everything worked fine after the re-installation except to:

Apache, mySQL, Exim.

It turns out the problem the files containing host names where replaced when doing the FreeBSD reinstallation.

A good feature would be to do backup of critical server files that cPanel requires to keep operating properly.

I can't speak for linux, but in FreeBSD the following files are important:

Xaccel.ini, XF86Config, adduser.conf, aliases, aliases.db,, crontab, csh.cshrc, csh.login, csh.logout, cvsupfile, dhclient.conf, disktab, dm.conf, dumpdates, exports, fbtab, fstab, ftpusers, gettytab, gnats, group, hosts, host.conf, hosts.allow, hosts.equiv, hosts.lpd, inetd.conf, kerberosIV, localtime, login.access, login.conf, mail, mail.rc, make.conf, manpath.config, master.passwd, modems, motd, namedb, networks, newsyslog.conf, nsmb.conf, pam.conf, passwd, periodic, ppp, printcap, profile, pwd.db, rc.conf, rc.conf.local, rc.firewall, rc.local, remote, resolv.conf, rmt,,, services, shells, skeykeys, spwd.db, ssh, syslog.conf, ttys, uucp

It would be a great addition to current backup option. Support Ticket Number: