The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Feature that blocks outgoing port 25

Discussion in 'E-mail Discussions' started by eduardosilva, Jun 15, 2009.

1. eduardosilva

eduardosilva Registered

Hello,

I noticed that my server wasnt sending mails, and I started to check the possible causes.

I observed that there was a in the chain output from iptables blocking the destination port 25. I guess that this is part of something to avoid my server becoming a spammer, and probably this is an option that I enable and now it's not working fine.

For keep services working, i removed this rule from iptables, but I would like to know where should I fix it.

thanks.

2. eth00

eth00 Well-Known Member
    PartnerNOC

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Do you run a firewall script such as apf or csf?

Do you have the default redhat/centos firewall? (did you ever disable it?)

What datacenter are you in? There is a possibility they install a custom one on your server.

/etc/sysconfig/iptables

may give you some idea of what is going on and how you can fix it.

3. eduardosilva

eduardosilva Registered

Hello eth00, thanks for the input.

Answering your questions:
    > I'm not running any custom firewall on this machine, just the default setup of cpanel.

> Centos firewall is disabled

> I'm on my own datacenter, the machines are provisioned by me.

My firewall device is over a separated hardware.

I think that after office hours, i will make a test and try a reboot to check if the rule will be on the firewall again.

Those where my only rules in the chain output:

Code:
    pkts bytes target     prot opt in     out     source               destination         
    ACCEPT     tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            127.0.0.1           tcp dpt:25 
    REJECT     tcp  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           tcp dpt:25 reject-with icmp-port-unreachable 
    acctboth   all  --  *      *       0.0.0.0/0            0.0.0.0/0           

(I removed the second line since i dont know what is it and was causing some problems)

Thanks