The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Features for specific Account

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by forquato, Nov 8, 2009.

1. forquato

forquato Active Member

Hello,

1.)
    Is that possible to set some Features for a specific Account?

For example: The backup-feature should be available for account X but not Account Y.

2.)
    Is that possible to increase the webspace Quote of a specific User?

So if it would be possible in WHM/Cpanel, that would be great.

Regards,

forquato

#1 forquato, Nov 8, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2009
  2. sirbrent

sirbrent Well-Known Member

This is possible in WHM, but your terminology of "features" is confusing because cPanel does not consider features to be Disk Quota, bandwidth, number of SQL databases, etc.

"Features" are pages accessible to a user via cPanel interface.

Bandwidth, Disk Quota, Number of Databases, Number of Email Users, etc. fall under the umbrella of "Account Settings" and an account can be manually configured under the "Modify an Account" page in WHM.

To limit what "Features" are available to an account (E.g. Backup Manager) first create a Feature List (under "Feature Manager" in WHM, Save it, and assign it to a "Package" (in WHM under "Add Package" or "Edit Package") and then assign that package to the accounts desired. There is no way (that I am aware of) to directly assign a feature list to an account that already exists. For an account that already exists you must associate a feature list to a package and then assign the package to the desired account, manually editing the accounts settings as needed (where desired account settings are different from package settings).

#2 sirbrent, Nov 15, 2009
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2009
  3. forquato

forquato Active Member

Thank You,

that's a real pitty. Therefore there is no other way than buying a rvskin license.

4. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    1.) Yes
    2.) Yes
    For further clarification please read below.

The aforementioned limits may also be defined in a package that can then be assigned to specific accounts, where you could have each user assigned a different package where needed. An example of this is for different "hosting plans" that may be offered where each user may have a different set of limitations, including a different feature list per each package defined in WHM.

For full details on how to use the available functionality I recommend to reference the following menu path in WHM and applicable documentation on our web site as linked below:
    WHM: Main >> Packages
    Documentation: WhmPackages < AllDocumentation/WHMDocs < TWiki

What sirbrent suggested here is correct; the same logic of assigning each user a potentially different package may also be applied to feature lists. Each package could use the any desired feature list that is created via WHM; with some packages having one feature list, and other packages having another feature list, it is possible to vary the features and limits that each cPanel account is setup with.

5. forquato

forquato Active Member

@cPanelDon:
    --
    Question 1: Right answer: No.

It's not possible to assign a Featurelist to the user.

It is not a good idea to create every Time a new package which has a specific featurelist, when -try to imagine- a user is buying the backup-possibility to his already existing package. The result ends in hundreds of packages.
    --

So at the moment this is a real lack in cpanel not to have this possibility.
    Rvskin implements 'featurelists per user' in cpanel.

I hope this is a stimulus to integrate this possibility natively in cpanel.

Thanks.

6. cPanelDon

cPanelDon cPanel Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Twitter:
    I believe I misunderstood the initial description of what you were looking for; while the end-goal is still possible, it was a different method being requested (i.e., directly assigning a feature list to a user account versus defining a feature list per package). Thank you for the clarification.

To submit a feature request I recommend posting it in the following forums area where it can receive more relevant discussion and attention as a potential new feature:
    Feature Requests for cPanel and WHM - cPanel Forums