The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Features Request: Suspend on anniv. date

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by matt621, Apr 14, 2005.

1. matt621

matt621 Well-Known Member

I would like WHM to automatically remember the day an account is created, and then allow me to specify monthly or annual anniversary date, and then on that date, automatically suspend the account.

Sure would help me keep track of customers.

Can I get a 2nd?

(I've started a bugzilla "features request" because I know someone will tell me to do that.)

http://bugzilla.cpanel.net/show_bug.cgi?id=2328

#1 matt621, Apr 14, 2005
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2005
  2. haze

haze Well-Known Member

Perhaps if cpanel integrated some kind of billing system which was included in the cpanel software or as an extra I would see this as a viable feature. That said, Its not really all that difficult to whip something such as this up yourself. I'm sure many of the cPanel enabled billing systems out there already have this feature built in. Wouldn't this be seen as competeing with those 3rd party systems that are already available and provide such added functionality ?

I know our programmers have implemented this feature into our homebrewed billing system to a degree. We do have more faith in clients that have been with us for longer periods and may have trouble paying the bill for whatever personal reasons they have which is totally understood by us. Of course, as long as it does not get out of hand or effect the business.

3. matt621

matt621 Well-Known Member

I am sensitive to the 3rd party aspect of this.

That's why I just request an anniv. date action.

There could be a few options:

monthly or annual
    suspend account or email user
    email user or email sysadmin

If it has an email user option,then of course some sort of msg would have to be entered.