Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Fedora 2 lock up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jwier92, Jun 30, 2004.

1. jwier92

jwier92 Registered

I just installed cPanel on Fedora 2 box and I was going through the inital setup and it locked up on me. The complete server locked up. So I thought I messed something up and re-installed fedora and cPanel and it does the same thing. It is at the resolv.conf setup, this time since there is entries in my /etc/resolve.conf that are correct, I just went on past it (next) and it locked up again. Web interface is non-responsive, shell I had open I type in "w" and enter and it just sits there. Not sure what to do, but would like to know if I have done something wrong.

Thank you,
    Jason

2. mjm2

mjm2 Well-Known Member

I woudl suggest NOT using fedora core II. there are some bugs in it.

3. jwier92

jwier92 Registered

So use core I?

4. Etheral

Etheral Well-Known Member

in my opinion fedora core 2 is GREAT for server platform, ive not had any problems with it, and anything linux compadable is 99.99% compadable with fedora core 2, im not shure what your problem is, but is the specs on your server low?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...